tti b body headers

-

gerty

Reaction score
Anyone know what the difference is between the tti headers for a and b bodies both with small block (different part numbers). I was looking at some used b body headers online and trying to decide if they could be convinced to work on an a body.
Bob

I didn't get the b body ttis on ebay but I did find these ancient Doug's headers a while back. I believe these are either b body or a discontinued a body header. The a body headers Dougs offers now don't fit 727 transmissions, as can be seen in the photos I'm using a 727. I like the plug wire clearance and these tuck up above the steering like ttis do. I had to add some clearance on one tube at the idler arm, but nothing big. These were very cheap and Jet Hot coated to boot, although there are some dings and chips, the only number on these was D-51.
Bob

DSC02514.jpg

DSC02517.jpg

DSC02514.jpg

DSC02517.jpg

DSC02514.jpg

DSC02517.jpg

Anyone know what the difference is between the tti headers for a and b bodies both with small block (different part numbers). I was looking at some used b body headers online and trying to decide if they could be convinced to work on an a body.
Bob

I think the Torsion bar spread is not the same and they would hit?

Hey gerty, what kind of valve covers are those? They look cool and looks like they have more bolts than my small block does.

Those Doug's type where my very first set of headers fit good on a 72' cuda.Sparkplugs are easy axcess too, and full size starter could be removed too!

-
Back