TTI-Doug Headers

-

SRT_DSTRHOLC

Reaction score
Ive Seen That these are the top 2 Headers. I have a Small Block 360 that should run high to mid 11's. Which Header is best suited? Or Should I just Stick With the Basic Flowtechs that are already on?

from what i have been told on here, the dougs and tti are both the best, but the dougs are smaller tubes than the tti, so it is surmised that the tti are the best.

What is the difference in all the coatings? Specially the Polished ceramic coating outside only and ceramic with thermal?

You won't see a noticeable difference in power using either Dougs or tti.

Like your tires, make a choice and go.

It seems that people are leaving out crucial information when it comes to choosing between Doug's and TTI.... your transmission. If you run a 727, you are forced to go TTI since Doug's will hit. If you have a 904 or manual, then Doug's will work.

Thanks, TTI it is....

they have the 3" collectors wish will fit the rest of your exhuast slightly better but you will probably need to work some anyway to make your exhaust fit with the new collector location.
thermal barrier or just ceramic coated, well the diference is that the thermal barrier is there to keep the heat inside the tubes,adding velocity to the pulses as well as keeping heat out of your enginecompartment meaning you will make more power since the air will be colder. it also saves the tubes alitle, mild still gets kind of hard welds get more brittle when being subjected to extreme heat and cool downs over and over again

It seems that people are leaving out crucial information when it comes to choosing between Doug's and TTI.... your transmission. If you run a 727, you are forced to go TTI since Doug's will hit. If you have a 904 or manual, then Doug's will work.

i think there has been some threads on the 904-727dilema and i think the conclusion has been that dougs fits with the 727 as well, and im not 100% sure but i think dougs has there problems with manual transmissions clutchlinkages as well but im not entirely sure

Dougs fit with a 727. Many members on this site have installed them with 727 including myself. Dougs needs to update their info. I believe it also says they don't fit on 73+ cars either, which is wrong!

tti and dougs both have issues with the down leg of a Z bar on every car I've ever installed them on.

I have Dougs on my '74 with P/S and a 904. I don't see why they wouldn't fit with a 727, especially since many people have.

Dougs should fit w/727...fits on my buddy's and he also has power steering.

Ive Seen That these are the top 2 Headers. I have a Small Block 360 that should run high to mid 11's. Which Header is best suited? Or Should I just Stick With the Basic Flowtechs that are already on?

Go for the TTI'S..they're what i have on my "stock stroke" 360 which has gone 11.70's...and i'm running 3" exhaust too..

-
Back