TTI headders vs Starter vs torsion bar

-
I just ordered the robbmc starter. Makes most sense instead of denting 1000USD headders to make a 60 usd starter fitting... ;-) Hope the last a lifetime, its USD 480 for me incl. shipping & tax...

I just ordered the robbmc starter. Makes most sense instead of denting 1000USD headders to make a 60 usd starter fitting... ;-) Hope the last a lifetime, its USD 480 for me incl. shipping & tax...

I can't speak to the longevity as I have less than 100 starts on mine but if it does break you can easily buy replacements parts for a reasonable price. Good luck.

this is not cool. I have now this not cheap robbmc starter. AND? It is not fitting as it should. Thought it would be plug&play (like the TTI mounts :-( ) but it hits 2 tubes with the rear. See pic's....

Attachments

• IMG_0931.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 222
  • IMG_0932.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 219
  • IMG_0933.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 217
The starter is right on the headers like you said. Is the stock 5.7 truck starter too big, or would it even work on your setup? Just curious I have one laying around.

Hmm. Your headers don't look like mine. I have small block early A TTI. Call Sam at TTI and find out what's up.
Stupid question but I assume you tried clocking in all directions with no luck?

no idea about the truck starter. Have none.
The headders are for 6.1 late A's. Correct ones (from the catalogue). Clocking makes no sense. The starte is not offset. With clocking you only can move the magnetic switch...

no idea about the truck starter. Have none.
The headders are for 6.1 late A's. Correct ones (from the catalogue). Clocking makes no sense. The starte is not offset. With clocking you only can move the magnetic switch...

I have been reading this New hemi swaps for a while, I am a E body owner, but this is the best topic on the web around new hemi swaps.

But to the point, I think your starter fitment problem could be the bellhousing. The starter is far because of the 143 t flywheel and the original attachment place of dakota. I have similar set up (5.7 and dakota housing) but I am using alu 130 teeth flywheel, so my starter is coming more closer to the engine block with new threads on the bell.

mounts are out off the game. Have nothing to do with headders/starter. Or do you mean the engine alignment? The mounts I did cut and reweld to make the engine fit. There was nearly 1/2 inch to adjust in the mounts on both sides...

What I'm saying, is that if you're using the starter they tell you to use, and it's still hitting, then there must be something wrong with A) the starter (unlikely) or b) the headers aren't manufactured properly.

What I'm saying, is that if you're using the starter they tell you to use, and it's still hitting, then there must be something wrong with A) the starter (unlikely) or b) the headers aren't manufactured properly.
this issue is done, TTI advised the wrong starter on their page. I claimed it, they corrected the homepage and are sending the right starter for free.

I claimed the mounts too. Let's see what they say to that....

-
Back