TTi Headers , 63-66 A-Body

-

Big Dad

Reaction score
TTi 636A-C5

http://ttiexhaust.com/Category-ClassicHeaders/340-636A/TTi636A.htm

Anyone used these with a Alterkation front ?

I'm using a 360 with Edelbrock heads ( at least that is the current plan)

*pics from website,not my car*

pic1.jpg

pic4.jpg

pic2.jpg

On here, looks like they should fit ?

[ame]http://ttiexhaust.com/Footnotes/FOOTNOTES-SHT1013.pdf[/ame]

Looked at the pic, man is that tight!! However, they look like they do work!! I'm an interested bystander if you're putting them in an alterK front end! I'm wanting to do HDK with my car and will be looking at this!! Geof

By looking at it , the only spot that concerns me much is back tube and steering shaft

but ... ?

8338268-valinside2.jpg

Just installed these in my 65 Cuda with a 340, IMO, They are an extremely tight fit..... But with the alterkation things would be fine. Without an Alterkation, I would go Doug's headers as their fitment is better in the early A body.

Looks like the motor mounts are installed incorrectly. Motor seems too far back

I just installed a set of the TTI's into my small block 66 Dart. I can tell you they are a very tight fit. I can not offer first hand info with your steering upgrade but they clear the stock steering with no issues. But I am finding clearance issues with both my new mini high torgue starter along with frame rail clearance on the drivers side. The torsion bars had to be forced up thru but seem to be ok once in place. I used the scumacher mounting kit when I changed to a 360 block. Although I still have a long way to go to make this all fit my biggest disappointment with these headers so far is how easy the ceramic scratches off while trying to make them fit. Money not very well spent for the extra looks! Best of luck as I will be following this thread.
Rod

As mentioned in previous posts, they are a tight fit. I am in the process of removing the stock K member and steering linkage and installing the Alterkation.

With the torsion bars and stock steering linkage removed, the clearances really open up. It is still tight close to the frame, but everywhere else has opened up. I wish I had waited to install the headers with the Alterkation in place first, it would have been a lot easier.

As noted, the headers are very close to the stock brake and gas lines. To close for proper operation. I installed all new stainless brake lines and a 1/2 inch fuel line and relocated both to outside the frame rails. This solved all the proximity issues.

The steering linkage is going to be a little tricky to fab up, but a few u-joints and maybe a guide bracket should make it work.

This is a lot of work to install a set of headers, but I feel they are better than the Hooker fender wells. I think the performance increase will be worth all the effort.

i seem to remember bill saying that a 67-up TTI header will fit an early abody using an alter-k. may be worth a call..

-
Back