tti step header or 1 7/8 header

-

345man2

Reaction score
building a 10.5 416 fully worked eddies 600 solid roller which headers would be better the step or big tubes :D

IMO, either will work fine and I doubt you would see much if any difference between the two.

i doubt you will see much difference betwen the two.

How big are the exhaust ports on your heads? You might have to run the bigger tube 1 7/8" style headers. The 1 5/8" step headers could restrict the larger exahaust ports on some heads like the Indy modified Edelbrocks. Good luck

Street or strip ? if it's street and you have a full exhaust go with the smaller headers stepped headers if you are going to the track go with the larger tubes and make sure you run a long collector and see how far the flame travel is and make the collector about an inch longer. if you need to get a temp sensitive crayon and mark the side of the collector and see when it stops melting and that will tell you how long to make the collector

This has been discussed many times. Your gonna need the larger primary size to make max HP. Those TTI step headers are going to choke the power out of that 400" SB. It has even been proven the 1 7/8" TTI don't make as much power as a Headman race header because of the tight bends. What do you think a 1 5/8"-1 3/4" primary will do to performance. Anyone who builds that much HP shouldn't be using a small header like that.

The step headers hang into the lower corners of the exhaust ports of my gasket matched edelbrock heads cause the step headers also hit magnum heads. This is only on the four outter tubes. If its a street car I'd got with the step headers for more torque but get em bare and have some one match those four outter tubes to the port then get em coated.

-
Back