Tuff Wheel Adapter

-

ram250098

69 Barracuda
Reaction score
I went to install my Tuff Wheel today and the extention adapter does not fit on. It looks like the knurl on the steering column is a bit bigger, so the adapter will not side on.
The both look like 5/8
I am putting this on my 73 Charger...it came from a buddy who bought it for his friends 70 Swinger. The reason I have it is because it didn't fit his car either LOL.
Did they make other sizes of adapters? Or are the steering columns different.
Thanks
AL

im using a crush can for a 1973-1974 E body on my 1974 swinger and all fits well

Thanks for the idea, I might just end up doing that *g*.
I was reading somewhere that this adapter could be from a Little Red Express????? same size collar but different shaft size.
AL

possibly I know the E body can is a bit longer but I test fit it and it rides just fine

Are you talking about the splines on the shaft? There are two different sizes. One for cars and one for trucks. If you have a truck adaptor, it will not fit on the car.

I have an E body one laying around. Needs a pigtail on the wire end, but other than that it's pretty nice.

parts011Medium.jpg

Send me a PM if you're interested.

i pulled one off of 77 ramcharger and it slid right on my 73 duster column.there is a little lip that keeps it from going on and if you just take that lip off it will work. they appear to be a different size but the splines are the same.

-
Back