tunnel ram and 750 eddys

-
The tunnel ram is a win win except cost & weight.
(That junk IS heavy!)
There more of a pain to set up and get dialed in, but there worth it. The TR will show it’s colors better and better in more radical big engine builds.

If you are into the tunnel ram thing, have at it. It never made sense to me. They make great 4150 and 4500 series intakes and modern carburetors are very friendly and come in quite large CFM sizes. Just seems to me you are making more work for yourself and spending extra money for little or no return

The tunnel ram is a win win except cost & weight.
(That junk IS heavy!)
There more of a pain to set up and get dialed in, but there worth it. The TR will show it’s colors better and better in more radical big engine builds.

Agree to disagree.

I prefer simple, cost effective and I despise the look of a tunnel ram sticking through a hole in the hood or in a ridiculously tall hood scoop.

I personally have more than one friend running high 8's and low 9's on a single 4500 holley. THis leads me back to my aforementioned points

Agree to disagree.
Yea, no worries there.
I prefer simple, cost effective and I despise the look of a tunnel ram sticking through a hole in the hood or in a ridiculously tall hood scoop.
Normally I agree with the first part of the first sentence.
Running the best parts at the cheapest prices and the combo of penny pinching but yet the best parts is a cat this dog don’t chase. It’s a combo of what ever works and/or what the wallet allows, within reason.
I just can’t throw money at a project like the US government does on there projects. I don’t have bags of money to spend on, what was that toilet seat cost back in the day of the space shuttle? $1200? (LMAO)
Yea .... not me...
(More below)

Twin carbs on a TR are OK and fine with me sticking out of the hood. It may not look good on every car.....
(But that also falls under, Your car, your way, IDGAF, have fun with it!)
I have a pair of MP TR’s. A pair of 600 Carters will be one one for sure. It’s still 1200 cfm. It’s just stupid cheap, easy & streetable. Certainly not the best. But it will do fine for the street. I really don’t need a pair of high dollar carbs on top for street duty. On the track, different story if the category is heads up. Otherwise, what’s the difference in bracket racing?

Scoops

Ridiculous tall scoops on the street, ahhhh, NO Thanks!
On the track, I don’t think I’ll get there myself. But if I did and the car goes faster with it, then it gets it.
I personally have more than one friend running high 8's and low 9's on a single 4500 holley. THis leads me back to my aforementioned points
Yup yup, same here. It’s all good.

Ridiculous tall scoops on the street, ahhhh, NO Thanks!

I resemble that remark!

20190612_093228.jpg

You cruise on the main jets and set WOT A/F ratio with the PVCR. If you just block the PV off and add more jet, all you did was make it pig fat at a cruise so your not lean at WOT.

This makes total sense to me, now. I ran two 390s, then 2 650s iirc, and although it ran extremely well, and even better with the 650s, it was a little rich. I never blocked off the PV though.

Tunnel ram was worth .2+ tenths on my dart over a rpm and 750 dp. That was with 3.55s and 2400 converter. Better everywhere.

I'm all about cheap. The eddys are my cheapest route. Will have less than 300 invested. The 850 will cost 300.00 plus used then 30 to rebuild and probably at least 100.00+ for linkage. The dominator will be 450.00+ used and 60.00 for adapter. I already have linkage and fuel line for the eddys. Just wanted to know if they will out perform what I have now when tuned in. Thanks for all the input.

-
Back