Turbo 383 in a A-body Barracuda

-
Well,
I finally got a possible resolution to my MSD BTM issues. I overlooked cutting the white wire inside the black cap for cylinder preference. Tech finally asked if I had cut the white loop under this cap. I did NOT! Soooo, maybe this is the problem?? Gonna give it a shot!

Attachments

• 8762program.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 893
the instructions say to cut one ore more wires if you don´t have a v8 engine...so i think in your case it´s correct if no wire is cut.

Michael

good luck. just dont cross the power streams.

ghostbustersREX_450x218.jpg

the instructions say to cut one ore more wires if you don´t have a v8 engine...so i think in your case it´s correct if no wire is cut.

Michael
If you look under "Magnetic Trigger" it states to cut the white loop if using a magnetic pickup. I didn't do this the first time.

Geez!
I got the service kit for the 13202 today. Looked nothing like the one that was in it! Mine was black with the o-ring made into the diaphram. Called to see what was wrong and tech told me, "That regulator is 10 years old!"....Fooled me! It looked nearly new. O'well, he sold me the new style cap on top of the regulator Cheap! Its in the mail........ Waiting on 10an fuel line for the return.

Worked on the grill assemblies for the last 2 days. Knocking out dings, filing, sanding and more sanding! That is after applying Lye on them 3 or 4 times to get the anodize off. There not perfect but the look a helluva lot better. Nice shiney aluminum again! Just got to spray the argent paint, detail the brackets and plastic grills and clean up the actual chrome. Fenders. header panel and lower valance at the blasters. I get them back I'll seal them and put them back on. Someone butchered the front of the fenders so I am looking for some donor pieces cheap.

The beat goes on! Always something.

Waiting on some pieces for the fuel system still so I jumped on the front clip. Tore is down and it is stripped ready for sealer. Just about finished with the grill assemblies. Still got to get some 1/4" flat black striping tape for the surround. My hands aren't as steady as they use to be LoL... Thought I would share some pics,

Attachments

• DSCN1980.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 800
  • DSCN1981.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 807
  • DSCN1982.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 791
Some stuff getting done. Not happy with the front sheetmetal. Going to start looking for some better pieces. Just buzzed them down and sprayed them with black DP90. Detailling things, "S" badge, emblems. They all look ok for 44 years old except for some pitting here and there. Gonna drive it around in primer/sealer for a while. The whole exterior was DP'd so it should be ok. Hell, it looks like a 1968 SSH LoL. Might be able to take one....:D

O yeah! New driveshaft too!

Attachments

• DSCN1985.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 759
  • DSCN1989.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 772
  • DSCN1990.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 749
  • DSCN1987.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 764
I saw a very good low buck trick here on Fabo,for cleaning up rusted shiny emblems and lug nuts etc. Clean em up with sos pads,then a bath in vinegar neutralizes the rust. Quick coat of clear after touch up's would keep the rust out.

Im kinda lazy and tend to throw shiny bit's in my vibratory tumbler which has corn husk media. It all comes out looking brand new,whatever I put in it. Just dont reuse the media for your gun brass (cross contamination doesnt happen just in the kitchen)

I saw a very good low buck trick here on Fabo,for cleaning up rusted shiny emblems and lug nuts etc. Clean em up with sos pads,then a bath in vinegar neutralizes the rust. Quick coat of clear after touch up's would keep the rust out.

Im kinda lazy and tend to throw shiny bit's in my vibratory tumbler which has corn husk media. It all comes out looking brand new,whatever I put in it. Just dont reuse the media for your gun brass (cross contamination doesnt happen just in the kitchen)

Yep, most of this is pot metal. When working with the steel stuff I use Evap-o-Rust. I may be lazier than you LoL.... I just fill a container with it and throw the parts inside and put a lid on it. 24 hours later, brand new. I did this with all the grill studs, nuts and numerous other things.

I tried the sos and soda thing........ It scratched the chrome surface to bad imo. That Turtle Wax chrome polish and Rust remover works great on the chrome stuff. I used it on all the chrome stuff in the grill assemblies.

I use evaporust as well,on thing's like master cylinder's and brake caliper's. Work's great but not cheap after you buy 5-6 litres. I bet evaporust's secret is pretty basic too (cheap to make). There's a high dollar profit line if I ever saw one.

I HATE SURPRISES!!!!!!!

Got the wheels blasted and painted. Went and had the tires swapped over. Excited!! Put them on and BAMMMM! They lock up. Hitting the damn calipers..

I can't catch a break! They looked good though.

Attachments

• 1wheel.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 738
What a bucket load of problems you have been through you have been at this way to long to stop hang in there I am also waiting to see and hear your car running. :burnout: :hello1:

Lol,that's hotrodding! You change one thing and end up changing 5 more to accomodate the first change...Been there dun that.

..........Been there dun that.

Me too, more than once.:silent:

Gets to me every time.:banghead: I just move to the next thing and try to get it done. I'm really close to driving it again and getting anxious:blob:

I've had some wicked cars and trucks but this one is different. I guess i can say i'm a bit intimidated. Uncharted Territory I suppose.

Exhaust is just dumped near the trans.. Will deal with the mufflers soon. Working on some Gremlins so the turbo isn't hooked up yet. Having carb issues so I swiped my Dads to hear it run.

Video,

[ame="http://youtu.be/mKrLtfG2qic"]302 Found[/ame]

Need to seal up your turbo carb?
All the Hanger18 mods are done except drilling the pvrc's. I want a baseline before any drilling happens. The carb is sealed up tight. For some reason my carb will not idle. Torn it down 3 times and found nothing. I just slapped my Dads carb on and closed the idle circuits a bit. Still needs to be tuned. I think I am gonna run the vacuum advance to the manifold so it runs better. Initial timing is at 12* atdc so off throttle is a little shakey. By the time its in boost the vacuum advance will be shut down and the mechanical will be in. Then the BTM will pull 2* per pound.

Still alot of tinkering to do! But its alive!!:blob:

-
Back