Turbo 383 in a A-body Barracuda

-
Dang, I Combed through 23 pages and now I gotta wait!

I been waiting for nearly 2 years!:shaking2:

Got another main body for the carb from Another-A so tomorrow we will address the carb issue. My buddy and I both suspect the Proform main body so I am gonna try the Holley Pro main body. Gonna hook the turbo up too!

Small update,

My buddy called and said Cuda is back up and running. No leakes around the girdle. I have to order a new timing cover and waterpump. Brand new water pump is pouring from the weep hole. Of course its out of warranty.

Turbo is hooked up but running a bit lean. No test hits yet. Chassis is nice and tight since the sub-frame connectors are in. 3.23 is also installed. Exhaust is ran to the rear and dumped for now. I need to get some more mandrel bends to finish. Dual 3" with no mufflers. Its quieter than expected! I have no room in my shop so he put it in his enclosed trailer until I am ready to pick it up. I might head out this weekend to pick it up but it will have to be left outside. Not to sure about that! Will update soon with video. My nephew is dying to be the first passenger! LoL...

Got the $60 Godspeed blanket today. I am impressed with the materials its made with. Very thick and looks way better than the pics on ebay. Also has a three year warranty to boot! Still waiting on the new timing cover, waterpump and the rest of the Titianium wrap for the driverside log.

Attachments

• 1 blanket.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 849
Got the $60 Godspeed blanket today. I am impressed with the materials its made with. Very thick and looks way better than the pics on ebay. Also has a three year warranty to boot! Still waiting on the new timing cover, waterpump and the rest of the Titianium wrap for the driverside log.

So it that the Universal Blanket? How about a Link?

Well,
got the new timing cover, header wrap and waterpump in the mail yesterday. DAMAGED!!!! Big dent in the chrome timing cover. KMJENT is sending a new one. I haven't picked up my car yet.

Speaking of "DAMAGE",
I won a rebuildable Holley 750 dp carb on ebay. I recieved it damaged due to horrible packaging! Dude just threw it into the bottom of a box that was too large and tossed a few pieces of newspaper on top. I opened the tatterd box to find the fuel bowl inlets were smashed. All 4 inlets! The idiot implied that I did this damage! Thankfully I have Buyer protection. After several emails and PM's with the seller "HE" decided there was no way that the inlets could have been damaged in shipping and denied sending me a usable set of fuel bowls. Even after I sent the damaged ones back Properly packaged on my dime. Ebay made the right decision! Some people! Steer clear of him.....(http://myworld.ebay.com/jerw55)......

The more people I meet,the sicker I am of them. Soooooooo many people care nothing for thier fellow man. Shipping damage through lazyness is just another symtom of whats wrong with folks these days.

The more people I meet,the sicker I am of them. Soooooooo many people care nothing for thier fellow man. Shipping damage through lazyness is just another symtom of whats wrong with folks these days.

Amen Brother!!!

This is quoted from his message,

"I received the float bowls yesterday and determined it was not shipping. I had more than just my eyes on this and the response was unanimous....impossible to damage all 4 float inlets in exactly the same manner from shipping damage. You're not going to get another set in the mail because I feel I've been shafted, period. Not worried about the money, it's never about the money, it's always about integrity. What ebay does with this matter is out of my hands also but again, I'm willing to stand my ground on this. You've got the majority of the carb and the money and we'll let karma get the rest."

Karma is stinging him right now! Friggin Jerk. On top of the damaged bowls the mainbody had been on fire at some point. I asked him before I bid and he assured me that it was a usable core.

I just didn't understand how he thought I damaged the very parts that I needed.

Plain denial on his part. I even provided pics with the damage to the oversized box he threw it in. You can clearly see where the fuel inlets cut through the side of the box!:violent1: Geeez.

Attachments

• 0718121824.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 858
  • 0718121825.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 867
  • 0718121827.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 824
  • 0718121828.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 854
Funny!! They are showing package handling on 20/20 Confessions right now on ABC lol... FedEx and UPS..

I hope he's not a member here. If he is we need to let others know to protect themselves and not deal with him.

Hey there, Just thought I would put in my 2 cents... Everything I have purchased from God speed Has worked very well and is super cheap! I have ran 22 pounds through one of there little t-3's backfiring throwing fire and have had no problems with it at all, Gaskets , Oil drain and feed parts, Silicone tubing, And my last purchase of a T-88 turbo, Its not $1800 worth of bitchen but it cost me less than half of that And I think will work just fine.
I guess all Im saying is that I found a place that sells china stuff that I like to deal with.

Joe

Hey there, Just thought I would put in my 2 cents... Everything I have purchased from God speed Has worked very well and is super cheap! I have ran 22 pounds through one of there little t-3's backfiring throwing fire and have had no problems with it at all, Gaskets , Oil drain and feed parts, Silicone tubing, And my last purchase of a T-88 turbo, Its not $1800 worth of bitchen but it cost me less than half of that And I think will work just fine.
I guess all Im saying is that I found a place that sells china stuff that I like to deal with.

Joe

I have to agree!!
Most everything I have purchased from ebay come from God Speed. So far no issues with the parts but the worst is yet to come. I have noticed that many Known turbos' are full of Chinese pieces. Well, except my BW S480. Its German lol.

I have to agree!!
Most everything I have purchased from ebay come from God Speed. So far no issues with the parts but the worst is yet to come. I have noticed that many Known turbos' are full of Chinese pieces. Well, except my BW S480. Its German lol.

I'm the first to admit that if you have the dough get the latest greatest name brand turbo stuff it really does work well, But bang for the buck this China stuff is probably copys of old Garrett or turbonetics turbos and close enough to have fun with. Funny you said that about China stuff in name brand turbos, The first thing I do is take the China turbo apart and measure the parts against a known Garrett rebuild kit but now you have me wondering where the Garrett rebuild kits REALLY come from??? Hmmm maybe that's why they look Exactly the same...

Joe

Well boys and girls,

I went and did it! Seems I have done the unthinkable.

The Cuda will have a new owner come the first of next month! I traded it for a 2008 SRT8 Dodge Charger loaded out. Dan and I have struck a deal today.

A little taste of what I got,
everyone knows what the SRT8 consist of! Has all 3 option packs. It has a Diablo Sport tuner with a Diablo Professional tune by a well know tuner in the Northwest. DynaFlow long tube headers with full 3" and high flow cats. AEM Cold Air intake. Vossen 20"x9" front wheels and Vossen 20"x10.5 rears wrapped with 315/35/20's. Looks really nice and he said this thing will scream!!!

I only asked that he keep the 2 build threads going here and on TTF so you folks will get to see the end results. He sounds like a real Mopar buff! He owned a 68 383 "S" in his past and was hoping to find another. Well, he did!

Please be easy on him! LoL!!! He should be signing up here soon. I will definitely be watching and giving my 2 cent for sure!

I thank you all for the Cudo's in the past.

Good luck with your new toy Dan.

Robert
:lurk:

I wonder if there is a twin turbo kit for these???

Attachments

• image[4].jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 735
  • image[3].jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 716
  • image[1].jpg
    14 KB · Views: 737
  • image.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 747
  • image[1] (2).jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 738
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO:finga::finga:

I think he'll have a different idea of screams when he drives the cuda.. Wish you would have drove it.. You would have kept it..

I think he'll have a different idea of screams when he drives the cuda.. Wish you would have drove it.. You would have kept it..

I bet! He has had a blown car but I explained that the turbo is totally different in that respect.

Well folks,
I recieved the SRT8 today. Dan parked in my yard and we continued to talk about the Cuda. After he loaded it up and left I asked my irritated wife to have a look-see. Reluctant, she came out to take a peek. I threw her the keys first and told her to take off! My Bro-inlaw jumped in the passenger seat and rode with her. To my surprise she gased it!! 1st-2nd-3rd spinning down the road lol. A minute went by then I heard her on the main road get'n it pretty good. 15 minutes go by and I start freaking a little bit lol.. Finally she comes back and bro-inlaw jumps out with one scared look on his face, lmao!! She got out with a perma-grin on her face and said NICE! Finally she seems a little better with the trade. That was a relief!
doh.gif

So I holla at bro-inlaw and tell him lets go for a real ride. I have to say this 4dr WILL get-it!!! Impressive I must say! I like it for sure! This is gonna be a fun car to cruise around in.

I only hope that Dan is as happy with his new wheels
cheers.gif
... A little more work and he will have a BADASS old Mopar!!

Well I guess its time for me to bail and let him continue the build of the Cuda. He said he would do his best to show all what it turns into once it is tuned and ready for fun.

CUUDAK is signing out of this build and handing the thread over to Dan. Enjoy his progress and please help him out when you guys can. He is a turbo newbie too! I will chime in ocassionally to offer my two cents.

Good Luck!
2thumbs.gif

hello every one going to keep every body up to date on the cuda so far only took a bunch of measurements to get some tires under her ordered 275/50/15 for the back and 205/50/15 for the front on imitation weld racing wheels they should work as long as i measured the offsets right got a lot of ideas little different the Robs going to fab a steel hood scoop and build a new inner fender around the turbo with vents also just found out the car still has the 5x4 rear bolt pattern so looking into new axles and drums to upgrade to 5x4.5 in the rear

hello every one going to keep every body up to date on the cuda so far only took a bunch of measurements to get some tires under her ordered 275/50/15 for the back and 205/50/15 for the front on imitation weld racing wheels they should work as long as i measured the offsets right got a lot of ideas little different the Robs going to fab a steel hood scoop and build a new inner fender around the turbo with vents also just found out the car still has the 5x4 rear bolt pattern so looking into new axles and drums to upgrade to 5x4.5 in the rear

I would suggest you hang on to those poverty caps!!! They are very hard to find especially in that condition. Be careful on the width of those front tires! They might touch the turbine housing when you turn to the left.

Redrill those drums, no need to replace those! Run through all the emails, i'm sure I said something about the rear bolt pattern and small wheels! I know its in this thread somewhere. I was bitchn' about the cost of a 15"x8" steel wheel with the small pattern. Not sure if you seen but I sent you a link for new axles by email. The pic of them look to have both patterns so I would confirm that the axles in the car cannot be drilled. The ones I linked to you have both small and the large pattern and one of the stud holes is real close to the backing plate bolt access hole!

Hurry and get that hood done! I wanna see how it turns out. I thought about putting the 1970 AAR hood on it at one point if the stock hood didn't clear the hat. It is alot like the hood on the SRT Charger. I was just worried about the heat burning the fiberglass since that is what the AAR hood was made of from the factory. Since you plan on changing the hood anyway you may want to look into the "Extreme Velocity" hat! Hell, Maddart may still have his, he might let it go since he went EFI.. If that is something you want to do be sure to cut the divider out!

Keep us in the know!:blob:

Robert

the drums cant be re drilled either they have to small of a hub boar for the bigger axles and the axle mating surface is to small also found a complete Dana 60 with disk brakes i think i am going to try and get

The Dana will be awesome! No worries of breaking it for sure! That A-body 8.75 will bring some decent cash you can recoop. Lots of folks need that. Pretty hard to get one, at least here!

I forgot to tell you that the springs to hold the turbine blanket on are in the box with the timing cover and water pump.

Any other updates?

took and changed out the timing cover and water pump today got the oil leak stopped but had a couple of issues with the new pump the housing is thicker than the stock one and had to grind the corner off the bolts to clear the pulley then had to get shorter fan bolts to clear the front of the new pump took the log off he drivers side and got the heat wrap installed looks much better now with all the heat wrap on a buddy come over thats good with Holley carbs found out the bottom shafts are wore out and sucking air like a pig thats why the car is running so lean now ill really have to save some money for a new carb and to covert the rear over to 5x4.5 lug pattern but on the bright side i have a nice set of wheels and tires to put on when i get the money they arrived the other day

-
Back