Turbo 383 in a A-body Barracuda

-
Here are the Halos and "Terminators" installed finally. Damn they are bright! My camera freaked out on the one without the flash on. All the rest of the pics I used the flash so they don't look as bright as they really are. I can literally drive at night without the headlights on! I spent 2 hours wetsanding and buffing the headlight lenses. They were sandblasted pretty bad but look close to new now. Just a couple pits from road debris. I wired them so I can control them seperate from the other lighting.

EVIL-WICKED-MEAN-NASTY!! I think it looks kicka$$!!!

Attachments

• DSCN2347.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 566
  • DSCN2366.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 569
  • DSCN2359.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 569
  • DSCN2360.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 592
  • DSCN2358.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 567
  • DSCN2349.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 573
got one of the my seats put back together doing the diamond tuck i always liked this everyone hear tells me i'm old that its not in style any more

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 550
got one of the my seats put back together doing the diamond tuck i always liked this everyone hear tells me i'm old that its not in style any more

Looks good! Tell them its your car!!:D

Did you change the thread color too. Looks blue.

Here are the Halos and "Terminators" installed finally. Damn they are bright! My camera freaked out on the one without the flash on. All the rest of the pics I used the flash so they don't look as bright as they really are. I can literally drive at night without the headlights on! I spent 2 hours wetsanding and buffing the headlight lenses. They were sandblasted pretty bad but look close to new now. Just a couple pits from road debris. I wired them so I can control them seperate from the other lighting.

EVIL-WICKED-MEAN-NASTY!! I think it looks kicka$$!!!
Damn sweet! I want some in my Ram!

what about the terminators?

I just got some 12 volt red leds from ebay and installed them in the projector lense housing. Drill a 5mm hole in the bottom of the housing and epoxied the led in. Do you have HID Projectors in your truck? That is the only way the "Terminators" work right imo. Had to cook the healdight assemblies at 200* for 10 minutes so the lense would come off with little effort. The seal is butyl. Installed the halo's and Terminators, run the wires through another hole I drilled in the bottom of the housing and epoxied that up, installed the lenses back on the housing and cooked again for 10 minutes and seated the lenses before the butyl cooled.

Here is the leds,
http://www.ebay.com/itm/181058206055?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

I just got some 12 volt red leds from ebay and installed them in the projector lense housing. Drill a 5mm hole in the bottom of the housing and epoxied the led in. Do you have HID Projectors in your truck? That is the only way the "Terminators" work right imo. Had to cook the healdight assemblies at 200* for 10 minutes so the lense would come off with little effort. The seal is butyl. Installed the halo's and Terminators, run the wires through another hole I drilled in the bottom of the housing and epoxied that up, installed the lenses back on the housing and cooked again for 10 minutes and seated the lenses before the butyl cooled.

Here is the leds,
http://www.ebay.com/itm/181058206055?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Oh damn thats a pain in the butt! LOL Ive been looking at some halo projector lights on ebay. I may just go that route then add the red LEDS and be done with it..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SMOKED-06-0...Parts_Accessories&hash=item53f4b44609&vxp=mtr

well got my dash today i am very very disappointed in the workman ship and to top it off the tack and speedo holes are set up for 5" and i ordered 4.5" holes i am going to have to re-weld all the tubes and build inserts to reduce the two 5" holes down to 4.5" holes and i'll have to clean up the face plate a lot also the glove box cover is 3/8" smaller than the dash plate =( but i was warned Bill at Riellys Motorsports told me the one he had gotten was built pretty crappy also its frustrating that people don't take pride in what they build anymore

well got my dash today i am very very disappointed in the workman ship and to top it off the tack and speedo holes are set up for 5" and i ordered 4.5" holes i am going to have to re-weld all the tubes and build inserts to reduce the two 5" holes down to 4.5" holes and i'll have to clean up the face plate a lot also the glove box cover is 3/8" smaller than the dash plate =( but i was warned Bill at Riellys Motorsports told me the one he had gotten was built pretty crappy also its frustrating that people don't take pride in what they build anymore

That friggin sucks!!!!! As much as they charge for those things too. Why don't you send it back and get what you ordered???

BTW,
Excuse the filthy car, it just rained. Need to paint the bumper cover too!

Here are the 5" struts mounted up. They were a bit too long to install them where I wanted to. I will get another pair only 4" instead and install them by the license plate.
Crappy pics but you get the idea! They are nice quality pieces,
DSCN2377_zps2e5a6668.jpg

DSCN2382_zpsdac56171.jpg

DSCN2379_zps3f2f8f28.jpg

That friggin sucks!!!!! As much as they charge for those things too. Why don't you send it back and get what you ordered???

BTW,
Excuse the filthy car, it just rained. Need to paint the bumper cover too!

Here are the 5" struts mounted up. They were a bit too long to install them where I wanted to. I will get another pair only 4" instead and install them by the license plate.
Crappy pics but you get the idea! They are nice quality pieces,

i was always going to put some of those supports on there looks good do you have a link for them a need some for the air splitter i'm going to build for the barracuda

i am not going to send it back going to fix it my self my machinist buddy is already making me new center tubs that fit my gauges when i talked to them they said those tubes are supposed to fit 4.5" and 5" i told him that there is no way they will fit a 4.5" gauge it falls right through but for $700 you would think you would get a nice ready to install dash and he told my he makes the tubes this way to hide the bad tube alignment that he always gets he is using to many outside sources to build these but i will get it right just a little more work on my part

well after cutting the dash apart filing all the edges to fit proper then had to re weld it I then polished the bottom side and painted the top section with wrinkle paint i even re installed the factory barracuda emblem turned out very nice here is a pic of the finished product only took about 14 hrs to fix this dash

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 456
heres some more pics and Mad Dart the one shows how i bent the bracket to make it work

Attachments

• photo 2.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 454
  • photo 1.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 463
  • photo 3.JPG
    97.5 KB · Views: 446
  • photo 4.JPG
    95.7 KB · Views: 459
  • photo 5.JPG
    165.3 KB · Views: 478
well after cutting the dash apart filing all the edges to fit proper then had to re weld it I then polished the bottom side and painted the top section with wrinkle paint i even re installed the factory barracuda emblem turned out very nice here is a pic of the finished product only took about 14 hrs to fix this dash

Looks good! I used the wrinkle paint on the entire dash of my 67 Barracuda and the decklid center trim.

I had to show you these backgrounds I found for the MyGig in the Charger. I have like twenty different backgrounds saved on a thumbdrive. I think they are cool!!

Attachments

• DSCN2384.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 459
  • DSCN2385.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 436
  • DSCN2386.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 427
Looks good! I used the wrinkle paint on the entire dash of my 67 Barracuda and the decklid center trim.

I had to show you these backgrounds I found for the MyGig in the Charger. I have like twenty different backgrounds saved on a thumbdrive. I think they are cool!!

i like those are they something that was there or did you down load them

i like those are they something that was there or did you down load them

Some folks on lxforums are making them in some program. May be photoshop? I downloaded them and put them on a thumbdrive and uploaded to the Charger. There are hundreds of them on that site and chargerforumz as well as challengerforumz. Cool stuff and the blue background is dead-on match.

Took the wife shopping Sunday and forgot I left this one on the display when My Dad and I went to look at another 6.1 block Saturday. She smacked the hell outta me :),

Attachments

• mute_eject-srt8.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 447
-
Back