Turbo Scamp

-

GoFish

Have impressive member
Reaction score
Engine is coming along! :cheers:

Long block is just about done. Just need to add valve covers and electric water pump. 360 engine is bored .030 over and includes Milodon 8-quart oil pan; Hughes Engines stud girdle; Pro-Gram main caps; Probe forged 8.5:1 pistons; Eagle forged H-beam rods; Eagle forged crankshaft; Comp Cams hydraulic roller cam; Performance Products SFI-approved damper; double-roller timing chain; and Edelbrock Performer RPM heads ported by Shady Dell Speed Shop. Studs and bolts are all ARP.

I'm probably going to go with the Performance Products Crosswind intake, since it has the cast-in provision to be drilled for fuel rails. Whadya think?

Scamp Motor 001.jpg

Scamp Motor 002.jpg

Scamp Motor 003.jpg

I think that with the gas prices the way they are today and insurance rates along with the fact that just seems like way too much motor for your scamp that you should just send it to me and I will give you a nice bone stock slant six that will fit very nicely in that scamp. I will find a local scrap yard to dispose of that gas hog of a motor....did it work? :toothy10:

Can't wait to see pics of it in the car.

Wow !! GoFish you went with the V8 :thumbrig:
That sure would twist Victoria up good,
Do you have frame connectors? If not put some skinny
tires on the back so you don't get to much of a bite.:burnout:
Congratulations I can't wait ether. Nice job.:-D

LOL. Thanks, J.R. I think I'll hold on to this for awhile...:bootysha: This is gonna be my daily driver.

Yup, car was originally a 225 /6, but the previous owner ran it without oil til it seized. He sold me the roller for $200, and my original plan was to rebuild the sixer and have a daily driver for about $1,500. Best laid plans of mice and men.

Motor is nice, but chassis is a thing of beauty. Frame connectors and torque boxes was one of my first projects, MeMike. Lower control arms have been boxed. I also added an 8 3/4" rear with a back brace, and Moser axles. Center section has 3:23 gears with a Suregrip. For stopping power, I did Mopar Action's Viper front disc swap, and added Wilwood rear discs, too.

Car is at the upholstry shop...wait til you see the interior!

hey could you explain to me exactly what a torque box is? well more like just where would they get put and how do they help out? im going with the BB 440 in my scamp, with so much power i wont know what to do with it all. i know ill need the frame connectors and some big tires so it will actually drive w/o a huge cloud of smoke and w/o needing new tires every week. any and all help appreciated.

thanks
-marc

Stopped by the upholstery shop this morning to drop off new armrests and some door panel trim that I polished. Carpet is in, including trunk, and the headliner is done. I just re-painted the door panels for now, because I'm going to make new ones once I install the power windows.

Back seat has been re-done to match the front Corbeau buckets I had custom covered. The center section is a carbon fiber look, copper-colored vinyl. These pics are crummy, but I couldn't wait to show you guys.

Car Upholstery 002.JPG

Car Upholstery 004.JPG

Car Upholstery 003.JPG

Car Upholstery 005.JPG

Man that back seat looks goooooood. Kick *** choice in colors.

Unfortunately, my current auto knowledge is way too limited for me to spend all that money on top quality parts and then try to put them together for my first build. I specified the parts, but had a local engine builder do the work.

I WILL be working directly with the turbo guy on the fuel injection and turbo installations. Suspension, brakes, chassis and other grunt work I can do, but I'm not ready for engine building.

I LOVE new parts!

Intake and fuel rails just came in...

CHRYSLER 340-360 V8
SUPER VICTOR EFI (3500-8000 rpm)
Super Victor Chrysler EFI is based on the Super Victor Chrysler manifold #2815. For high-rpm 340-360 c.i.d. Chrysler V8s with standard port location heads, it delivers maximum power from 5000 to 8000 rpm with peak torque at 5500-6000 rpm and peak power at 7000 rpm. Precisely positioned and machined injector bosses deliver excellent fuel spray patterns and maximum power. Universal 4-Barrel Throttle Bodies, fuel injectors, fuel pumps and regulators are also available to complete your EFI system.

Application Part #
Super Victor EFI 340/360 #28155*

Interior is just about done--just need to add a little final trim and window cranks. Funny how used parts seem fine until you see them next to new parts. I installed new arm rests and bases, but re-installed the door handles. They look like crap...

Here are a couple new photos, including the Corbeau Sport seats. You can see the lumbar support pump on the passenger seat. I've also got a photo of the 3-point seatbelts that I bought from XV Motorsports.

If you're in the market for aftermarket buckets, I highly recommend you check out AutoToyStore.com. I got a good deal there from Jim Huston--a good guy.

003.JPG

004.JPG

005.JPG

006.JPG

Before and after grill repair photos, and new gas cap--completely unnecessary, but totally trick.

Grill 01.JPG

Grill 06.JPG

Gas Cap.jpg

Another member here, 67gtx, turned me onto a company in Florida called Blue Moon that makes a cap that fits perfectly. They've been backordered for months, but told me another company called British American Transfer, Inc. imports similar caps from England. This is a cap for airplanes. It will need to be turned down a hair on a lathe to fit my Scamp, and a vent provision will need to be rigged up.

Contact number for BAT, Inc. is 941-355-0005. Model #CAP2LF. Price was $209.30 plus shipping.

So the shop that was supposed to put my car back together closed it's doors. They left the car at the upholstery shop, and the motor at the machine shop. It took me a couple of weeks to find a new shop for the car and then (thank you AAA) get the car picked up and flatbedded there.

New shop is called Fontana Motorsports SoCal, in Van Nuys, CA. Owner Rory is a friend of AdamR, and a member here. Rory finished plumbing my brakes and will be dropping the motor in shortly. He's also working on the fuel lines. Original shop did a real half-assed job on the wiring and suspension. Rory pointed out that they hadn't installed any cotter pins in the suspension crown nuts. They also mounted the fuse block so far under the dash that it would take a double-jointed contortionist to change a fuse. He's fixing these issues.

While all this was going on, I started polishing the valve covers and fuel rails as a way to pass the time. Here are a couple of pics. Valve cover on the left is raw aluminum, and on the right represents a lot of hours sanding and then working on the buffer. You can't really see the difference on the fuel rails, but the top one shines like a mirror and the bottom one is as delivered.

Valve Covers 2.JPG

Fuel Rails.JPG

You using cometic head gaskets or have the block o-ringed?Figured i would ask, if ya don't you might want to, smallblocks love to pop head gaskets.

Man, I sure HOPE I'll have it at the Fall Fling. I was hoping to have it ready last year, but it always takes longer than anticipated...Can't wait until I'm driving the Scamp every day!

Where did you get the gas cover?

I want one of those!

Ace26: Yes, head studs and cometic MLS gaskets.

KSP: Check out comment #18 on this thread for all the details on that gas cap. Expensive, but way cool.

-
Back