Turbo vs supercharger?

-
Well to sit down on plumbing you don't have to run a intercooler on a turbo, it's just better, easier plumbing is the air to air intercooler over air to water. Since its a all street driven go air/air and they have sizes to the hp you want.

being a turbo user...aka turbo addict. i have ran several and 1 thing i have NEVER had was this thing i read about. that is lag. it does NOT exist on a properly speced setup. if you have lag you already lost. lag was a thing in 1974 or so. when stall converters didnt exist and stick shifts was the trans of choice.
ill put up my twins to anybodys blower car.

the 1 thing about a turbo setup is simple. it will either make you a man or a quiter. it wont do anything else but your resolve will be tested more than any woman ever will in short order.

removing all bias and all preferences and likes or dislikes. NOTHING outruns a turbo car properly setup.
NOTHING is as streetable as a turbo setup
NOTHING quiets down the rowdiest of power like a turbo either.
NOTHING gets better fuel economy to a turbo
last but not least of all..NOTHING is as reliable as a turbo(unless its a precision turbo those suck).
hahaha

I'd go sequential turbo

Last edited:
From what I've gathered over the years about turbo's, is that they usually 'take out' and cost you some pistons or a complete engine, until you learn to tune it correctly and stop trying to find the limits.

:)

removing all bias and all preferences and likes or dislikes. NOTHING outruns a turbo car properly setup.
NOTHING is as streetable as a turbo setup
NOTHING quiets down the rowdiest of power like a turbo either. im running a hotrod, why would i want quiet?
NOTHING gets better fuel economy to a turbo again, hotrod
last but not least of all..NOTHING is as reliable as a turbo(unless its a precision turbo those suck).
hahaha

exactly why i said, OEM use more turbos then superchargers, but when running a hotrod, id still take the blower

american-muscle-because-imports-dont-intimidate-just-by-idling-6013769.png

From what I've gathered over the years about turbo's, is that they usually 'take out' and cost you some pistons or a complete engine, until you learn to tune it correctly and stop trying to find the limits.

:)
that isnt the turbos fault. thats the tuner or owners fault. learning to tune a turbo? didnt know there was anything other than dont be stupid and blow your stuff up as a precaution.

when ya buy chinese knockoffs ya have to be prepared to pay the piper for being cheap. and that over boosting is a 50yr ago issue long gone today. all but a myth at this point.

exactly why i said, OEM use more turbos then superchargers, but when running a hotrod, id still take the blower

OEM's 'have' to run turbo's because they need to use undersized engines which need to be driven with the trottle opened up fairly wide in order to increase mileage. That's easier to do with a turbo.

Now how about that OEM Hellcat Hemi? :)

-
Back