Turn Signal Light Slow Flashing

-

APK

Reaction score
While driving my 1972 Dodge Dart Swinger home Friday night, I noticed the left turn flashing slow in blinking. When I arrived home did some testing, with headlights off left and right turn flashers work as normal. When headlights on right works as normal but left is slow. When air conditioning is on the left will only flash once, maybe twice then not at all. Bad Instrument Cluster Voltage Requlator?

Check the alternator output, and electrical grounds. Seems when there is a significant electrical drain, (headlights or AC on) is when the issue crops up. Remove and clean all contacts. From the battery clamps, the wires in the clamps if those are not molded to the wire, on down the line. Remove and clean the grounding straps by the firewall, all the way to the trunk of the car.
Report back to us.

Can you tell me what this module is called? Mounted to the driver fender, with wires coming off of the battery positive post and plugs into it.

photo1.jpg

Photo2.jpg

Bad ground is my guess. I soldered a wire to the light socket and grounded it to the bumper bracket on my 66 to fix the problem.

Well it looks like it is an old problem that I thought was fixed in the thread below is not fixed. When I place a screw driver on the side of the light bulb and find the right spot on the housing holding the socket it flashes correctly.

Tail Light Dim on one side.

When I place a screw driver on the side of the light bulb and find the right spot on the housing holding the socket it flashes correctly.
Yes, need a clean (good continuity path) from bulb housing (you are touching with screwdriver) to socket to taillight housing to body metal.

-
Back