Turn signal wiring help needed.

-
Just remember 'what all' goes into and out of the TS switch and make yourself a truth table

Flasher power into the switch, and tail lamps do not go through the switch

There should be no hazard setup that year unless it was added as a stand alone accessory

Switched brake light power into the switch.

No ground involved with the switch

Output are the stop/ tail, so left turn/ stop and right turn/ stop

Front left turn
Front right turn

If you don't know the colors you can identify the rear by checking continuity. With the switch in neutral, the only wires which have continuity are the brake lights in and the two rear lamps out

Then go from there. With the switch in left, the front and rear left will be connected to the flasher wire.

And you can then eliminate them from there

Along with ground problems, don't discount an internally shorted bulb OR AN INCORRECT bulb, or a socket with the contacts 'disoriented' so that it contacts the bulb wrongly

Ungrounded sockets can drive you nuts. To find, apply power (flasher, whatever) and stab a meter probe into the socket metal, and the other probe to a good ground. If you have to, "rig" a long piece of wire and a good battery clip to battery NEG, etc.

You sir hit the nail on the head!!!

The truck is fresh from powder coat and paint. I pulled the grill and cleaned off the paint and powder coat but that didn't do it so i built a negative groumd wire tieing both buckets together and hooked it to a bolt on the grill.

BANG!!

TURN SIGNALS AND FLASHERS ARE WORKING AND NICE AND BRIGHT!!!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

Now i just gotta figure out whats going on at the rear of the truck but i think its probably a similar situation.

-
Back