turn signals auto cancel?

-

Sussmad

Reaction score
It was a nice day today so drove to work in my 63 Valiant. Should my turn signals cancel automatically after the turn? Also, the indicator (single light) on the dash blinked on the way to but not on the way home. High beam indicator also wasn't working. Bulbs? Everything was working on the outside, blinkers and high beam. I only drive the car occassionally during the winter. Thanks for your insight.

Thats the common bulb failure. one here then one there. Time to replace them all.

It might be just lack of use (car giggle). You may want to remove the dash bulbs, inspect them and if they are ok reinstall them-the act of removal and reinstalling them will "clean" the contacts on the bulb holders. And yes the turn signals should cancel after a turn. You would need to remove the steering wheel to check the turn signal switch. Make sure both "ears" are intact and the switch is lubed. I believe that there are repair kits for that problem.
Lynn

It's very common for the cancel cam to break. As long as the rest of the switch is good, the cam can be replaced. I have a new one for $12 plus the ride.
Thanks, Mark

Mark: I'll take it PM the info Steve

-
Back