Turn signals dead.

-

spinman_1949

Legandary Member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Took the dart out today. Running much better. Funny thing. Suddenly turn signals not working.

1. Emergency flashers are working.
2. Left front signal and the fender indicator flash. Both rear brakes likes flash. Right front signal and fender indicator do not flash. So I need to check that of course.
3. Turn signal left or right gives no lights anywhere. Not on panel or front or rear. No sound from signal timer.
4. I found what I think is the timer. Small can three connectors, but only two connections seem to have any effect. I took the can off and what looks like a bi metal switch is inside. So noticed the contacts were not making contact, so I bent one to close the gap.
5. So after I plug it in, I now have a constant on light at the ignition switch. With ignition off the light remains on. But still no turn signals, so my guess is that this is not the signal timer.

I bought a manual online, but the wiring diagram is not helping me at this point. In fact I can not find on the diagram the signal flasher, unless the system uses the emergency flasher. If it does then I know I am not getting current to the flasher from the turn signal circuit. But what is the purpose of the can I mentioned.

Any ideas or circuit diagrams appeciated.

OK so you can check the turn signal fuse first, then replace the turn signal flasher , and also replace your delay timer for the ignition switch lamp. A flasher and a delay timer are 2 different animals but neither are servicable.

Redfish,

Pretty sure it is not fuse, since brake lights are on the same fuse accoding to the wiring diagram. So likely it is the flasher. As far as the ignition switch light delay? Can you explain how that is supposed to work? Seems to me it is either on or off.

To All,

I found the flasher. It is way over on the right side. And it is the problem.

Thx for the help.

To All,

I found the flasher. It is way over on the right side. And it is the problem.

Thx for the help.

Spin if you're still listening, you have a 72?

You, sir, are one lucky guy

For next time, you can download the complete factory service manual, FREE right here:

The thread

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=132309&highlight=manual,+download

Link to the 72 shop manual

[ame]http://www.abodyjoe.com/pictures/Misc.%20car%20info/1972%20Plymouth%20Chassis%20Serv%20Man.pdf[/ame]

-
Back