Turtle Wax Synthetic Polish

-

dustermaniac

Reaction score
Well, I tried this product out on my car today. It goes on easily and kind of looks like wet clear coat when you apply it with the applicator. Just let it sit about 5 minutes and buff out. I thought I would post some pics of the results. What do you think?

duster 001.jpg

duster 003.jpg

duster 006.jpg

duster 007.jpg

looks deep nice job, how many times a day do you have to tell the kidsto keep there bike away from the car. lol

The kids KNOW better than to go anywhere near my car. They are very respectful of the car and do not play near it or go near it. As for the deep finish. I have tried very hard to keep the paint on my car looking good. That paint job is now almost 7 years old. I think it has held up extremely well. Next year it is getting repainted and the stripe will be lowered. The original body/paint guy put on the stripe and he put it up too high on the body but it was too late to change it. so I live with it and like I said, next year it will be corrected. I was thinking of changing out the top to a white vinyl top. Not sure of that yet though.

Looks real shinny.Me I have tryed every thing under the sun but that.Question,after its buff out now dont lie,is it greasy,in the past some polish I have used its greasy if you slide your finger on it, it it smears.

This is Turtle Wax Ice, right? Did you use the "Liquid Polish" that you squirt out of the bottle or the "paste wax" that you add water to and sponge on? I use the latter on my motorcycle and I am very happy with it but it takes so long to do a whole car like that. (also off topic question, but out of curiosity what size tires are those?)

Snake, I don't find it to be "greasy" but I don't rub my fingers all over my paint either so I don't know. Once it's waxed I don't touch it (the paint) until the next time I wash it and wax it again.

The kids KNOW better than to go anywhere near my car. They are very respectful of the car and do not play near it or go near it. As for the deep finish. I have tried very hard to keep the paint on my car looking good. That paint job is now almost 7 years old. I think it has held up extremely well. Next year it is getting repainted and the stripe will be lowered. The original body/paint guy put on the stripe and he put it up too high on the body but it was too late to change it. so I live with it and like I said, next year it will be corrected. I was thinking of changing out the top to a white vinyl top. Not sure of that yet though.

Now that you mention it, I see what you mean about the stripe being too high. I guess the guy that put it on didn't notice the cut-out for the door handles?

The other question I have about the stripe - why are the 340 letters leaning the wrong way? I have noticed that on other cars as well.

The paint still looks terrific! :cheers:

Wylde1.

The car looks great!! What exactly did you apply it with, and what did you buff with? I have a product from Dupont that my painter told me to use, it's called TEFLON SPRAY WAX, I wonder if it is the same type of wax? I haven't used it yet because I'm afraid to get all the shiny swirls on the car. I'm thinking that I should just buy what you have there Dustermanic because your car looks amazing.

If you change the top to white I wonder if you should change the scoops to white as well, it might look pretty cool. Maybe you can have someone photoshop the different combinations for you.

The polish is the Turtle Wax liquid Synthetic Polish out of the bottle with the applicator.
it is NOT greasy after buffed out. As for the tires, they are Goodyear polyglas G6014's all around. I know the stripe sits high and that the callout letters are not proper but hey, the guy who did the paint put the stripe and callouts on the car and unfortunatley he was not familiar with the proper way to stripe up the car, no worries though. I will be restriping the car next year. i have been using Meguires in the past and decided to try the Turtle Wax Ice wax as well as the detailer, and I am very happy with the results. You can actually use the detail spray on the car on the glass as well. I used the TW polish in the direct sunlight and it comes off really easy. and as you apply it to the finish, it looks like wet clear coat. Cool Stuff!!!!!

This is Turtle Wax Ice, right? Did you use the "Liquid Polish" that you squirt out of the bottle or the "paste wax" that you add water to and sponge on? I use the latter on my motorcycle and I am very happy with it but it takes so long to do a whole car like that. (also off topic question, but out of curiosity what size tires are those?)

Snake, I don't find it to be "greasy" but I don't rub my fingers all over my paint either so I don't know. Once it's waxed I don't touch it (the paint) until the next time I wash it and wax it again.

I here ya on the finger thing but one likes to put there arm out the window there for smudges.

Tried the Turtlewax "ice" once..then threw it away,thought it was total garbage..i use nothing but Mothers and Mcquires products..when detailing mine and customers cars...

There are some that just dont cut it.For me a smooth feel and no greasey feel is a must.How many of yas use a califorina duster to keep dust off.crap wax or polish gums it up.

ALL Eagle One products are total garbage as well, in my honest opinion. As for the Turtle Wax ICE, I have had no issues with it, I was strictly a Mothers and Meguires user but I like the clarity that the Turtle Wax SYNTHETIC products offers.I do use a Cali Duster on the Duster.

DUSTERMANIAC ... looks great ... and i would agree on stripe redo ... The (*(&*& who installed stripe probably started on front fender instead of starting on doors ... realized once he got to the door that stripe was to high ??????
Any reason why you opted for longer shackles instead of spring rearch ? Ride quality?

Dustermaniac - PLEASE re-do that stripe!!! He even screwed up the 340 callouts! They are supposed to slant the other way!! PM me and I'll make you a REALLY good deal on a set of stripes. You gotta fix that!

dusterdriverside2.jpg

I will be re doing the stripe and I am interested in the stripe kit you got. However right now I am buying performance upgrades for my car first then I 'll tackle the body issues. P.M. me with a price for the stripe kit, if it's do able, I will buy it from you. Thanks.

-
Back