TV car shows!!!

-
So, does Motor Trend taking over Velosity make any difference? They talk about pay for view, which I do not do! Paying for rural TV satellite is enough!
When I go to a mopar car show. I simply go to see cars that the average Joe does. I have nothing against the guy that buys a done car or pays to have it done. Glad they can afford it. I just relate to the "little guy" that works hard to be bale to by a few parts for his ride, does his work the best he can, and loves the car for what it is, good, bad or in between. I wish there were more shows about this type of owner. Show his flawed work, tell about his mistakes and what he learned to do better next time, etc.
I love that feelng I had th very first time, 1964, I was 16 and my buddy ( a wanna be mechanic) pulled the tired engine out of the family's 58 Impala, He rebuilt it , painted it SO, SO, SO PRETTY, I was smitten!!!!!! It ran couple of weeks before it died an I mean terminally!!!!!!

If you already watch Bitchin' Rides (Dave Kindig), take a look at Hand Built Hot Rods (Steve Strope) that comes on right after.

So, does Motor Trend taking over Velosity make any difference? They talk about pay for view, which I do not do! Paying for rural TV satellite is enough!
When I go to a mopar car show. I simply go to see cars that the average Joe does. I have nothing against the guy that buys a done car or pays to have it done. Glad they can afford it. I just relate to the "little guy" that works hard to be bale to by a few parts for his ride, does his work the best he can, and loves the car for what it is, good, bad or in between. I wish there were more shows about this type of owner. Show his flawed work, tell about his mistakes and what he learned to do better next time, etc.
I love that feelng I had th very first time, 1964, I was 16 and my buddy ( a wanna be mechanic) pulled the tired engine out of the family's 58 Impala, He rebuilt it , painted it SO, SO, SO PRETTY, I was smitten!!!!!! It ran couple of weeks before it died an I mean terminally!!!!!!
I was wondering what velocitys change to motor trend will mean, too. Hope it doesn't go the way of speed vision.

If you already watch Bitchin' Rides (Dave Kindig), take a look at Hand Built Hot Rods (Steve Strope) that comes on right after.
I saw that show and liked it. I have really started liking these hot rod shows where they show people actually doing interesting work. Full custom garage I think is the name of one I like. Very talented builder.

Yea, I know what you mean. People with a lot of money can have their cars done on TV. I like Grave Yard Cars, a lot
of people don't because of the antics of Mark Worman. That's just part of the show. They don't do a lot of A bodies,
as Mark says, not because we don't like them, there is just no money in them, compared to a B or E body. I talked to a guy at a car show one time, who as I remember had a 63 Coronet. The grille had hundreds of little areas painted black.
I asked the guy how long it took him to mask the grille and paint it. His response, Oh I don't know, they did it at the
shop.
I remember a car on Graveyard Carz that they had for four years. Seriously!?!

I remember a car on Graveyard Carz that they had for four years. Seriously!?!
If you notice on a lot of those shows, I will say day 9, then day 67, then day 99, sometimes day 229! !!!! And 3-6 guys working on it!!!! How much $$$$$ do some people have anyway!??????????// lol
Heck I thought I was pooping in tall cotton other day when I picked up a tall can of Rusteolum satin black, at WallyWorld for $3.99!!!! Yah hoo!!!!

Garage Dreams reruns from 2017 on Velosity ( Motor Trend channel). Basically interviews with owners and they discuss why they love certain makes, models. Interesting to me.

Mark Worman fires workers that know what they're doing.
Then....
He hires relatives that don't.
He is not funny either.
But....
I still watch it.

Shadetree Mechanic is still the best show.
Too bad they don't show reruns.

Mark Worman fires workers that know what they're doing.
Then....
He hires relatives that don't.
He is not funny either.
But....
I still watch it.

Shadetree Mechanic is still the best show.
Too bad they don't show reruns.

I agree Mr.Worman is NOT funny, very knowledgable, but NOT funny. I would have a very hard time being around him day in and day out!! Some would describe him as an arrogant asshole!!???? lol
I like seeing people actually do the work, whatever show, I like to always be learning. I need no drama, to see big egos, or see people spent all those zillion dollars on their ride. I want to see the car go fast, look pretty, for a CHEAP as possible!!!!!!

I get a kick out of Mark W...and those two Brits crack me up when they finish one of their"cracken" cars!
As for people with money...A friend recently went on an an Alaskan fishing trip.$10k all in for a week.The thing that surprused him most was the number of husband and wife clients who had never fished before and didn't know how!
But back to the car shows i really think they could lose the angry electric guitar in the background.

My vote is for Dan at Phantom Works. He tells it like it is and is not affair to build a hot rod.
Velocity is now MotorTrend
I like Fantom Works.
He does high dollar restos and low dollar fixes
I'm trying to find a body shop that has the same mindset that Dan has.
I actually sent him an email about my car - have not heard back yet.

Velocity is now MotorTrend
I like Fantom Works.
He does high dollar restos and low dollar fixes
I'm trying to find a body shop that has the same mindset that Dan has.
I actually sent him an email about my car - have not heard back yet.
I agree, it seems that Dan is a straight shooter. Looks like he does a huge amount of business. Honesty is a key!
I can't help it. I am just old and old school,... where we picked up "used" cars for cheap ( cheap today, not so much back then), we got used pats, engines, out of boneyards, or from some car buddy's buddy. BUT.. A boneyard with anything older than 2000 today is rare!!!
It is hard to watch a shop buy the customer a $10,000 frame for his rod, and then go from there deep into is pockets for way, way more! Rather see the one man shop cut off the front of the frame and build a section for it and SHOW me all the details! Used to call it Hotrodding, not spending $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!! LOL

-
Back