Twin TorqStorm 440 Build

-
How much boost did this combo build before the belt slippage ensued?

9psi at the start, tapering rapidly off to 2psi. At the initial start of testing boost was on its way to 11psi at the hit and every test progressively getting worse. J.Rob

a toothed belt would also require a blow off valve i would think if it doesn't already have one . But I agree just a little effort by the company this problem could be fixed .

It actually has 2 blow off valves and they function as they are supposed to which is nice. J.Rob

9psi at the start, tapering rapidly off to 2psi. At the initial start of testing boost was on its way to 11psi at the hit and every test progressively getting worse. J.Rob
Was it tapering off due to belt fatigue or wear? Or do you think those superchargers just couldn’t keep up with the demand of that engine? Or both.

Must the the boost is(was) that high at the hit was because of the dual blowers?

I thought the attraction of the centrifugal blower was the lesser boost at the lower rpms...... and then increase with rpm.
Like, 3-4psi at the beginning of the pull........then be up at some substantially higher number at the end of the pull.

If the belt slippage hadn’t been an issue on this combo, what was the predicted/expected boost supposed to be......at let’s say....... 6000 rpm?

Well i know the B&M Roots style blowers that use a a non cogged belt don't require a blow off valve the cogged ones do . I know this is a completely different setup so i wasn't sure .

If the throttle valve (carb, or throttle body) is after the source of boost, what ever kind it is, it needs a blow off valve.

-
Back