Twin Turbos PLUS !!!!

-

6pakattack

Reaction score
No it's not a MOPAR,but it still WTF over the top !!!!

[ame="http://youtu.be/3EaCnDCsslM"]302 Found[/ame]

Quite the hayseed right there.

He sounds like his car, burdap burp da burndup bown baby!

Well I'm going to jump to jump on the Hate Wagon!
NOT because it's a Chiv but, well, i just don't get into the all that Show and no Go......YEAH IT WILL GO, but not while he is the owner!!!!! and if that's the case, why turbo+blower+ + nitrous!!!!! I bet he has never wound it up to full rpm and if he has, i bet it was a 30 mph burn out with only the tires seeing the 160+.......no he hasn't even done that! Afraid of chipping his paint job!!!

And one more thing! twin turbos.... Ok...... blower....Ok but the pluming is not going to work!!!!!!!!! Come on! the blower butter fly's open and then what.......the turbos BLOW OUT THE BLOWER HAT!!!!!! The only boost is coming from the blower.

And if all my rant is even close to right........I don't need to even start with the full one nos set up that will ALWAYS HAVE "UN FILLED BOTTLES."

Yes if i was going to a car show and seen this car i would say WAY WAY COOL!!!! but the I HAVE NEVER DRAG RACED IT AND NEVER WILL JUST PISTed ME OFF.
GRRRRRrrrr ok rant over:director: :D

Ok i took a 2nt look, them are the turbo inlet tubes not the boost tubes going to the hat My bad:violent1:

Well I'm going to jump to jump on the Hate Wagon!
NOT because it's a Chiv but, well, i just don't get into the all that Show and no Go......YEAH IT WILL GO, but not while he is the owner!!!!! and if that's the case, why turbo+blower+ + nitrous!!!!! I bet he has never wound it up to full rpm and if he has, i bet it was a 30 mph burn out with only the tires seeing the 160+.......no he hasn't even done that! Afraid of chipping his paint job!!!

And one more thing! twin turbos.... Ok...... blower....Ok but the pluming is not going to work!!!!!!!!! Come on! the blower butter fly's open and then what.......the turbos BLOW OUT THE BLOWER HAT!!!!!! The only boost is coming from the blower.

And if all my rant is even close to right........I don't need to even start with the full one nos set up that will ALWAYS HAVE "UN FILLED BOTTLES."

Yes if i was going to a car show and seen this car i would say WAY WAY COOL!!!! but the I HAVE NEVER DRAG RACED IT AND NEVER WILL JUST PISTed ME OFF.
GRRRRRrrrr ok rant over:director: :D

Ok i took a 2nt look, them are the turbo inlet tubes not the boost tubes going to the hat My bad:violent1:
You actually looked that close at it?? It sort of reminds me of that GTO on facebook with the 3 roots blowers on it....will look for a picture....

Attachments

• triple roots.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 842
I agree, and I happen to like the 67-69 Camaros, too. Another case of "I have the money, so let's do somethin' stooopid."

big-engine.jpg

the-most-extreme-engine-swaps-ever-53323_1.jpg

That butterfly up top has to be sealed off from the blower and it is only taking the place of air cleaners/air intake to the turbo's. The boost from the turbo's are going in under the butterfly deal.

In theory I don't think you would need blow off valves on the intake tract with a set up like that. Let off the throttle and all air is cut off from entering the turbo?

Also are the blow off valves hooked to the wrong side for vacuum to activate them? Shouldn't they be under the Carb butterflies for them to activate.?

I don't like it one bit and I do NOT wish I had one like it. But he calls it a show car and he likes it. Not a jerk in the interview. Nothing wrong with people doing it their way.

That butterfly up top has to be sealed off from the blower and it is only taking the place of air cleaners/air intake to the turbo's. The boost from the turbo's are going in under the butterfly deal.

In theory I don't think you would need blow off valves on the intake tract with a set up like that. Let off the throttle and all air is cut off from entering the turbo?

Also are the blow off valves hooked to the wrong side for vacuum to activate them? Shouldn't they be under the Carb butterflies for them to activate.?

That sure look like throttle linkage up top of the hat/butterflies.

oh, I thought you were talking about the guy at the swap meet with 2 /6 draw thru turbo setups... ;)

Ok from what I looked at on that set up. I don't believe it has ANY Boost going through the motor. The Blower is probably not set up to produce boost either.

Lame.........

That sure look like throttle linkage up top of the hat/butterflies.

Yes I see that. Its only purpose is to let air into the turbo's. Taking the place of the air cleaners.

The way the Blow off Valves are hooked up they are pulling vacuum when you crack the throttle which opens the blow off valves. They are clearly hooked up wrong. The Turbo's are not producing ANY BOOST. No way around it. Boost is getting bled off before it can enter the engine.................

Hmm well it still could work.................... if the hat is divided into two sections. butterfly/top is intake air for the turbos and divide floor separates the bottom half of the hat. Were the blower pulls air thru the top hat, through the turbos and the turbos push through the bottom part of the hat, though carbs and then into the blower. Does that make sense? that way the blower could pull air when the turbos were not boosting. and why it would need the function of the butterflies.

Hmm well it still could work.................... if the hat is divided into two sections. butterfly/top is intake air for the turbos and divide floor separates the bottom half of the hat. Were the blower pulls air thru the top hat, through the turbos and the turbos push through the bottom part of the hat, though carbs and then into the blower. Does that make sense? that way the blower could pull air when the turbos were not boosting. and why it would need the function of the butterflies.

You would have a huge boost leak like that. The air produced by the turbos has to enter the same place above the carbs. The turbo air entering the engine has to be totally sealed. If not you got a boost leak. So all air into the engine would need to come from the turbo outlets that enter at the back of the manifold above the carbs.

So with the way you are explaining once you cracked the butterflies you would instantly have a boost leak. Plus the blow off valves are constantly pulling vacuum keeping them open bleeding off the boost the turbos are creating the way he has it plumbed.

Very complicated funky set up. All for show and no go.

You would have a huge boost leak like that. The air produced by the turbos has to enter the same place above the carbs. The turbo air entering the engine has to be totally sealed. If not you got a boost leak. So all air into the engine would need to come from the turbo outlets that enter at the back of the manifold above the carbs.

So with the way you are explaining once you cracked the butterflies you would instantly have a boost leak. Plus the blow off valves are constantly pulling vacuum keeping them open bleeding off the boost the turbos are creating the way he has it plumbed.

Very complicated funky set up. All for show and no go.

Ok i didn't explain it vary well and i have look at it again. this is how i see it. The hat/butterflies is just that. only it don't go down to the blower it simply goes into the turbo intake piping,(back side of hat) threw the compressor of the turbos and then plumbed under the hat (the alu box under the blower hat). this alu box is sealed to the carbs and then enters the blower.

So the blow off valve could still be working properly, Right......

Basically he could have installed two cone type air filters directly to the turbos and eliminated the hole blower butterfly/hat and piping all together.

Would have help seeing over that monster as well!!!!

Ok i didn't explain it vary well and i have look at it again. this is how i see it. The hat/butterflies is just that. only it don't go down to the blower it simply goes into the turbo intake piping,(back side of hat) threw the compressor of the turbos and then plumbed under the hat (the alu box under the blower hat). this alu box is sealed to the carbs and then enters the blower.

So the blow off valve could still be working properly, Right......

Correct, that is how I was explaining it. As far as the blow off valves on the intake tract, no they don't work like he has them. They are on the right tubes but the Lil hoses are hooked to the wrong spot for vacuum reference. They should be hooked up on the carb spacer under the carb butterflies. This way when you smash the throttle they are reading boost keeping them closed not letting boost escape. Then when the carb butterflies slam shut the blow off valves will be activated by vacuum when the engine is looking for air it will pull on the diaphragms releasing the pressure in the intake tract.

Since he has the blow off lines hooked up into the beginning of the intake tract he is actually sucking on the diaphragm of the blow off valves at idle and even worse as he cracks the throttle open more which is blowing off all the boost the turbos are creating before it can get to the engine. The blower could create boost but the intake tract air produced by the turbos is not making it into the engine how he has it.

WTF?
He obviously has more cents in his pocket than sense in his head! What a waste of a nice body! Dumba$$ redneck.

Very Nice!!!
Well done!
Good dude.
Righteous proud.
I'd like to see him crack the whip.

He is only running 14 pound of BOOST:banghead: Turn the boost up and forget about the nos.

he is running a 14-71 blower not a 4-71 or a 6-71 but a 14-71 and only running 14 pound of boost.
Mad Dart, i thing you are right, the turbos are not creating any boost to the equation!

The only thread that i have read about combining a turbo with a super charge he called it TWINCHARGER

In that article he said that the turbo+ charger was not the pressure it made. it was X or somthing like that......Hmmmm

I still don't full under stand this stuff and the pressure ratios and all! so i will just quote what i read on that thread.

So if your turbo has a pressure ratio of 2.0 (14.7 psi boost), and your supercharger has a pressure ratio of 1.4 (5.9 psi boost) you get a total combined pressure ratio of 2.8 which is 26.5 psi, not 14.7 + 5.9 = 20.6 psi.

So expect to see 14.7 out of the turbo, and 26.5psi out of the supercharger. The supercharger will work A LOT HARDER with much denser air being forced into into it.

The best way to handle this is to just run your wastegate sensing line off the total combined boost, and select a wastegate spring for whatever total boost you finally decide to run. Boost will quickly rise to that pressure and stay there over a very wide Rpm range.

If your exhaust housing originally produced full boost at 4,000 Rpm with just the turbo, expect full boost at more like 2,000 Rpm with twincharging. I am not kidding. You will definitely require a larger a/r exhaust housing, but try it first and see.

The whole thing will be far more responsive and have a much lower turbo boost threshold than you are probably expecting. But the top end power will still be there.
If your interested and want to read the hole thread it is here

http://www.eng-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=174690

-
Back