Twist-in bulbs for instrument panel

-
The standard single circuit board for 71-75 abodies used 8 sockets which are all the same size.
Part number for 5/8 socket is 2496279 which can be seen on eBay.
Original bulb is #158.

The 5/8 socket is what you need. Quantity average is for a-body is 8 total.
The problem we run into over time is the quality of the plastic the socket is made of. Avoid Chinese sockets at ebay etc... A hotter bulb will melt them. Lessen learned the hard way.
Echlin from NAPA are/were expensive! Standard brand quality isn't what it once was but the Standard brand individually packaged from some other website (I forget) haven't been a problem yet, Even with the 2815 longlife bulbs that run a tad brighter and slightly hotter than the OEM 158. With so many recommending LED bulbs today, The effort I put into this reply was not necessary. LOL . Good luck however you spend your coins.

rehrenberg is selling oem 2496279 sockets on eBay.
They are original Mopar sockets that are available in various quantities.

The 5/8 socket is what you need. Quantity average is for a-body is 8 total.
The problem we run into over time is the quality of the plastic the socket is made of. Avoid Chinese sockets at ebay etc... A hotter bulb will melt them. Lessen learned the hard way.
Echlin from NAPA are/were expensive! Standard brand quality isn't what it once was but the Standard brand individually packaged from some other website (I forget) haven't been a problem yet, Even with the 2815 longlife bulbs that run a tad brighter and slightly hotter than the OEM 158. With so many recommending LED bulbs today, The effort I put into this reply was not necessary. LOL . Good luck however you spend your coins.
Nah Totally worth it. Some of us don't like the LED bulbs. They don't dim, don't look right, and its my car and I like it the way it was - soft glow of the dashboard lights. :)

-
Back