two years ago his would have been $15-24K

-
Woof.
That is rougher then it appears. No trim on hood, grille and bumpers are not up to the paint, underhood need help, paint is partial underhood. Even the rear axle seems off, the shot from the passenger side almost has the tire touching the front of the wheel opening....
Solid start, but damn.

That car is in rough shape,needs bumpers rechromed,and to be put on properly,interior needs a LOT of attention,missing exterior trim pieces,under hood is a mess looks like that air filter hasn't been changed in ages,what kind of shape is the motor in??,it also has tabs on the front bumper that usual means its been raced abused..no where near worth $11.900.00...never mind 15-24 a few years ago:toothy10::toothy10:

That car is in rough shape,needs bumpers rechromed,and to be put on properly,interior needs a LOT of attention,missing exterior trim pieces,under hood is a mess looks like that air filter hasn't been changed in ages,what kind of shape is the motor in??,it also has tabs on the front bumper that usual means its been raced abused..no where near worth $11.900.00...never mind 15-24 a few years ago:toothy10::toothy10:

That's how I saw it also...$9995. was a stretch I thought...has build sheets but they belong to other cars ??.non numbers matching ??

2 years ago people had money. That car does need quit a bit of work to bring the price up to the 15-20 range. They could at least put a hold down strap on the battery.

geniune Dodge Dart 1969 340/4 speed

got one?

No but I have a 70 340 4 speed Dart. They rock.

you mis my point...

a geniune 340/4 speed Dodge Dart is hard to come by.

my bro had a 1970 340/ 4 speed Dart when he was 21..he now has a 1970 Hemi clone RR, and a 1968 440 RR. He does mis that 1970.

We lived @ the bottem of a long sloping state hwy and when we were working on our junk back in the day he would be jammin them gears passing on his way home...
He's drag racing @75-80 ... his 1968 RR into the 12's and streetable.

Have no need for one,and if i were to purchase one it certainly would NOT be that one..WAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY over priced...

yes me either.I like 1968's but this car is sold, and sold within 5 hours if I remember.

since it sold it can not be over priced...

it's a buyers market now...

look @ cars for sale on our fourms here...ones that are still for sale say 3 months or more are over priced...
in sales the name of the game is to sell...

yes me either.I like 1968's but this car is sold, and sold within 5 hours if I remember.

since it sold it can not be over priced...

it's a buyers market now...

look @ cars for sale on our fourms here...ones that are still for sale say 3 months or more are over priced...
in sales the name of the game is to sell...

The seller deffinately made out that car,its worth no where near what he got,the buyer deffinately paid TOO much...sucker!!

The seller deffinately made out that car,its worth no where near what he got,the buyer deffinately paid TOO much...sucker!!

dude..this car is in your back yard..
ever seen it on the street ?

Surely a car you must see in person before buying. The recent "re sell" cheapy repaint waves BIG flags.

It got only 1 bid. I just wonder if we will see it relisted soon.

The one thing it has going for it, is it's located allready in the north east.

Lets translate the listing shall we:

Ad: " It looks like it has never been hit."
Translation: I can't tell if it's been wrecked if I squint and tilt my head like this.

Ad: " It has new base coat/clear coat Limelight green paint "
Translation: We've covered all of the problem areas, but don't worry, they'll be showing rust volcanoes soon.

Ad: "It has new carpeting"
Translation: the old crap was so moldy from the leaky seals that we HAD to replace it for health reasons.

Ad: "The fuel gauge doesn't work......"
Translation: It's had some electrical problems in the past and I'm selling so it wont burn my garage to the ground.

Ad: "The original fender tag is there and there were two build sheets in the car, but they were for another dart."
Translation: Someone was going change the VIN and hack together a highly optioned car, but it wasn't me.......honest!

Don't get me wrong, real 340 4 speed, nice find and pretty rare these days. Not #'s matching, in need of basically a total restore. I'm sure that beast has some stories to tell.

Surely a car you must see in person before buying. The recent "re sell" cheapy repaint waves BIG flags.

It got only 1 bid. I just wonder if we will see it relisted soon.

The one thing it has going for it, is it's located allready in the north east.

the eBay list was a buy it now for like $11995 or best offer. he got the one offer quick. he took it.

Lets translate the listing shall we:

Ad: " It looks like it has never been hit."
Translation: I can't tell if it's been wrecked if I squint and tilt my head like this.

Ad: " It has new base coat/clear coat Limelight green paint "
Translation: We've covered all of the problem areas, but don't worry, they'll be showing rust volcanoes soon.

Ad: "It has new carpeting"
Translation: the old crap was so moldy from the leaky seals that we HAD to replace it for health reasons.

Ad: "The fuel gauge doesn't work......"
Translation: It's had some electrical problems in the past and I'm selling so it wont burn my garage to the ground.

Ad: "The original fender tag is there and there were two build sheets in the car, but they were for another dart."
Translation: Someone was going change the VIN and hack together a highly optioned car, but it wasn't me.......honest!

Don't get me wrong, real 340 4 speed, nice find and pretty rare these days. Not #'s matching, in need of basically a total restore. I'm sure that beast has some stories to tell.

this is the best interpert of the ad...thats good and my way of thinking the worst. but the sale wanted a quick deposit I think $500- $1000. so after the buy you need to pick up..and many a sold gets revised down (never up) in price upon inspection...

a geniune 1969 340/4 speed Dart is still hard to come by @ any price.
Their a collectible.They were pro drag raced..and succesful !
Their more then a cruzer..they had very hi compression ratio from the factory.
I had a friend who is stone cold chevy...he scraps cars as a living. He got a 340 4 speed Dart once to scrap back in the day..runner..and he drove it..he ..to this day rants how quick that car was...faster the his FACTORY 1968 Nova 350 SS 4 speed..he sold the car for $1400 back in the day.

-
Back