u joints no longer available

-

moparisbest

Reaction score
called Napa and oreilys today and was told that they didn't have the u joints for my 73 Plymouth satellite and that they wasn't even available from manufacture :wack: auto zone had two in stock so I got them has anyone else had this problem ?

called Napa and oreilys today and was told that they didn't have the u joints for my 73 Plymouth satellite and that they wasn't even available from manufacture :wack: auto zone had two in stock so I got them has anyone else had this problem ?

I haven't gotten U-joints in a while. I wonder if they show up on Rock Auto.... If it is the standard small joint there are tons of cars that use it. It may very well be a catalog issue with Plymouth. Try the same joint for a 73 Charger with the same engine code.... There should also be an option for zerk in the spider or the cap.

ok...are you looking for a 7260 or 7290 u joint?

My local NAPA has them, or should I say can get them, both 7260 and 7290. I just bought some Spicer U joints not all that long ago, unless this is something totally recent.

Some parts guy screwed up, somewhere. I can guarantee you that the two "main" Mopar joints ain't goin away.

yeah I searched the internet and there are tons of places with them . my car takes the small u joint napa took my number and said they were going to find out what was going on

yeah I searched the internet and there are tons of places with them . my car takes the small u joint napa took my number and said they were going to find out what was going on

I can tell you what is going on, you got the best service minimum wage can buy ;)

I can tell you what is going on, you got the best service minimum wage can buy ;)

Yeah, we just had a large turnover at a local parts house where I did all of my business. I have to go to the other one in town now, if I want something.

Those new guys couldn't find a collar in a shirt factory.

Since there are something like 4 U-joints that fit 90% of all the RWD American cars on the road, of all makes, it is highly doubtful that any one of them will be discontinued/unavailable for decades Parts counter guys tend to be idiots... at least most of them.

-
Back