UCA Bushings swap or leave

-

straightlinespeed

Sometimes I pretend to be normal
Reaction score
I just replaced my UCA bushings with standard Moog bushings. I have not driven it or gotten it aligned yet. This was on the to do list very soon.

Of course I got a good deal on the offset Moog bushings so I have them sitting here, staring at me every day. Im not sure what to do at this point. Should I just leave the regular bushings in and hope for the best on the alignment or should I swap them out for the offset bushings?

The offset bushings are the best bet, IMO......Id just go ahead and do it now if it were me.

I've never run the offset bushings and have always been able to get 1-2 degrees positive caster with slight negative camber.

So.....you want to replace new bushings with new bushings. Yeah. That makes sense.

The standard Moog bushings are fine for most street applications. Take it to your alignment shop with your desired specs in writing...

See what they can achieve & post back here :)

I think you should put the offset bushings in for more caster giving you more camber gain in corners.

offsets,say if you dont and it wont come into alignment,your out the cost of another alignment.offsets period,what do you have to loose?

So.....you want to replace new bushings with new bushings. Yeah. That makes sense.

It does make sense if you want to run more positive caster. If you use a offset bushing on both upper bushings, you can get more positive caster while the camber stays the same. Everyone of these cars is different, tolerances all over the map.

I would hate to pay for a alignment only to find out they cant get me what Im wanting. Then I have to tear the car apart again and pay for another alignment. Im going for the Typical to Max alignment specs in the chart below.

View attachment Alignment Specs.jpg

Well moved forward and decided to swap to the offset bushings. My homemade puller works great and I got the drivers side done in about a hour and half. I was also able to save the other bushings.

Thanks everyone for the input!

-
Back