Undecided.... sell it or not

-

2darts

Reaction score
I have a guy coming out to look at my 70 Dart Pro street car. He's been asking about buying my car for two years now. He's got money and agreed to the price...but I'm getting second thought...
I talked it over with the my girfriend and she's telling me that I would regret it in the long run and to keep it.

Anybody else has had the gitters and second guessing selling their car...

!!!I am

Attachments

• 70-dart.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 392
  • April 10 2009 Mike's Car 002.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 302
  • 70-Dart-rear.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 318
do you have another car to play with? if not do you have the time, means and ability to build another one? I cant even imagine my life with out my dart. its been apart and not driven for 10yrs now and its still my life. if you have the itch for something new then maybe its a way to make it happen. I know that i will never be able to build another car like mine in this life time. thats just me though.

Mike, Keep It..You'll probably regret selling it!

^^^What he said..... I would regret it unless I was loaded and just wanted a new project. If you're selling it to pay for the tv bill this month or something like that, hold onto it and don't watch the tv for a month or two. Unless you had kids, I would even go as far as letting the gas and electric be shut off for a month or two before parting with what seems like a project you built yourself....

Sounds like you do Not want to sell. Did you buy it built or do it Yourself? Mine was a 8 year on-off build & even though I barely drive it each year I will not sell it. & Every year at Moparfest some guy as me to sell it. So up to you, but if you are having second thoughts, you are Not ready to Part with it.

But just my opinion.

Attachments

• Picture 009.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 286
  • 053.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 275
I'm definitly selling it for less that I have in it and I do have another car to enjoy but.....I think I'll regret it big time

you'll probably regret selling it.... I sold my Willys wagon a few years ago and have regretted it. Also glad I did because it was rusting away and I never drove it.... so, question is, why are you selling it? Is there something you don't like about it, or are you bored with it and want to build something else? I tend to keep cars for a long time, my son in law on the other hand, tends to change them often.....

Well it sounds like you told him a price and he agreed. Goingby that it sounds like you have agreed to sell it to him. If you dont want to sell it, dont let him come over expecting to be buying a car and then have your second thought and back out, that would really piss me off if you were to do that to me. I probably dont know the whole situation, but if I were you, I'd call him and tell him you're having second thoughts on selling it period. Whats the price he's agreed to? Better be a whooooole bunch of shiney pennies, or what ever the equivilant isup there in Canaidia land. That one sweet lookingcar you have, no sense in selling it if you dont have to or dont already have another project to build in line.
Besides, he;s pesterd you for two years about buying it, he's obviously wanting your specific car really bad. Maybe hold off for till early/middle of next cruising season and then tell him you've decided to sell, but at whatever price you feel like you wont have a send thought about. I personally wouldn't sell that car if it were mine.

I didn't build the car, but did quite a bit of work to it. I guess one of the issues is that the car will stay in my area....It would be like seeing your ex that dump you with somebody else...(not that I care with who my ex is with...but you get the picture)

I regret selling my 67 belvedere 383 car and it was no where near as nice as that dart if yours. If it were me I'd keep. Unless, like others said hes paying you big bucks. Which he's not sooooo I would not sell it if I were you. That's as baaaadass dart. Won't be easy to part with that's for sure. Good luck hope you make right choice

Only way I would sell mine is if it went FAR Away & would NOT ever see it again. Only people that drive mine other than me is my wife (she actually drives it more) & my engine builder.
I say Don't do it. Your not getting your money back & seeing someone else in YOUR Car...

I would be pissed off if somebody told me that they were selling and agreed on the price and changed their minds....that why I'm asking...and appreciate your response, but I also believe that he's got to have the money in hands for me to think he's real serious..like I said for two years he's been asking but never with money showing...his father passed away, now I know he's a little more serious for having it.... I'm not selling it because I need to pay anything and I do have another car to enjoy but I think I'd miss this one if I let it go.

Also sounds like you are a Man of your word. You do what you feel you need to do... they was just my 2 cents, & my opinion...

That car is Hot... if I win the $50 Mil on the Lotto Max tonight, I will get hold of you tomorrow...LOL

You know you have more than one more to play with Mike, so if he has enough cash to tempt you let er go! You still have the "wrapped" one dont you?? And the vert...oh the list could go on and on...LOL That is one bad *** dart and yep I would miss it, but all the time knowing I had a choice of others to drive would help ease the pain!!:D

Also sounds like you are a Man of your word. You do what you feel you need to do... they was just my 2 cents, & my opinion...

That car is Hot... if I win the $50 Mil on the Lotto Max tonight, I will get hold of you tomorrow...LOL

If I win tonight the loto Max...I'll give to you...man of my word

Tough call Mike. That's a cool car and selling it would tough. If you don't drive it much or it isn't fun to drive, selling it might be the thing to do. It would be easier if it was sold to someone in another town or state (or country) It's easier to sell a favorite if you don't see it every Friday night. My azz is bruised from kicking it so many times when I see one of my old cars. tmm

You know you have more than one more to play with Mike, so if he has enough cash to tempt you let er go! You still have the "wrapped" one dont you?? And the vert...oh the list could go on and on...LOL That is one bad *** dart and yep I would miss it, but all the time knowing I had a choice of others to drive would help ease the pain!!:D

Nathalie took the name 5darts..bahahahaha when you coming down Steve?

Tough call Mike. That's a cool car and selling it would tough. If you don't drive it much or it isn't fun to drive, selling it might be the thing to do. It would be easier if it was sold to someone in another town or state (or country) It's easier to sell a favorite if you don't see it every Friday night. My azz is bruised from kicking it so many times when I see one of my old cars. tmm
Hi Mike, That's what scares me the most is selling it and seeing it but I know he'd take care of it..

That helps that it would go to a good home.

How bout you sell it with visitation rights! LOL You get to drive it every now and then.

I've been fighting with selling my car for like 4 months now. Its such a pita when its a car you've invested a lot of time and money in.

Nathalie took the name 5darts..bahahahaha when you coming down Steve?

I know its been a while! Would love to come for a pint and to drool over the cars. Spoke to Sergio a couple weeks back bout trading my carbs for some of his work.
In my opinion I think if it were my car it wouldnt bother me to see it around. Still be proud to say and show that I used to own it!

If I win the lotto I will be up on indecent exposure charges....man of my word!

-
Back