under dash wiring harness

-

ir3333

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if a 1967 dart under dash wiring harness is the same as a 1968 or what minor differences there are...if any?

Go to Year One site. It lists a different dash loom for '67 and '68. A/C is not the difference. What the difference is?- I don't know.

Only way to find out is to download the service manuals and diagrams over at MyMopar and compare them. There seems to have been at least SOME differences almost every year. Also, options can 'get in the way', 1-2 speed vs 3 speed wipers, with/ w/- AC etc

You can likely work around the differences, but I would not just "plug it in and smoke test"

OK..i found a nice a nice used 67 harness.Guess i could buy it and compare each circuit and terminal to be sure.
I had planned on completely rewiring my '68 which is intact but in very poor condition. Was hoping someone who has been through this could chime in..tx guys.

I haven't been thru it on a dart, BUT I attempted it on a 67 cuda. Quite a bit of differences so I got a 67 harness and rewired a buttload of circuits.
OK..i found a nice a nice used 67 harness.Guess i could buy it and compare each circuit and terminal to be sure.
I had planned on completely rewiring my '68 which is intact but in very poor condition. Was hoping someone who has been through this could chime in..tx guys.

Can anyone tell me if a 1967 dart under dash wiring harness is the same as a 1968 or what minor differences there are...if any?
Different.
Off the top of my head:
circuits for Z & P cavities on the bulkhead multiconnector exchanged.
console (option) changed
tach (option) feeds through firewall with a grommet in '68
Dart parking light feed on the headlight switch may be relocated to be powered with the tail lights in 68.
May be some changes in radio/cigar lighter wire length and routing.
Wipers as someone alread posted, may have some changes. '67 motors are generally different but the the switch connector to firewall connector may be the same ???

-
Back