Under Hood NHRA Battery Hold Down

-

tubbedamx

Location Boise, Idaho
Reaction score
Looking for ideas/pictures for a NHRA legal type battery hold down using a group 24 battery and OEM battery trey.
I would like to eliminate the j hooks and the flimsy cross bar. Instead use 3/8 hardware and a nice piece of flat stock. I’m not seeing a clean way
Jim

Take some flat stock and bend it into a "U" shape with short wings at the bottom. One wing to the inner fender the other to the tray.

Looking for ideas/pictures for a NHRA legal type battery hold down using a group 24 battery and OEM battery trey.
I would like to eliminate the j hooks and the flimsy cross bar. Instead use 3/8 hardware and a nice piece of flat stock. I’m not seeing a clean way
Jim
If it’s in stock location ,and it’s tight I don’t think it matters on bolt size , only if relocated does the 3/8 bolt size apply, I may be wrong but the rule book will clarify.

My car was done by a friend, who is a Super Stock racer. He way overkill the whole thing by, putting a reinforcement plate under the floor. Took 1/2 threaded rod up thru that plate and used a piece of 1 x 2 tubing, with angle iron welded to it, for the battery clamp. I have little doubt that the entire car could be lifted by the battery boxes.

Juz sayin but................................

worthless_thread_without_pics.gif

tumblr_lpyu7oudxo1qkji93o1_500.png

-
Back