Underside color

-

GSS

Reaction score
Can someone share what color they used to duplicate the factory grey primer on the underside of their car? I am using PPG products. There is not enough left on my Demon to get a color match.

Thanks

weren't all these cars dipped in body color paint? I found it under the undercoat when I stripped the undercarriage on the last 2 cars I did...

CHRYSLER ANTI-CORROSION DIP PROCESS.jpg
They actually were dipped in primer. Body color on the bottom was overspray from the lower rockers.
chrysler paint proccess.jpg

Last edited:
The whole car was dipped in primer and then dipped in some kind of rust protection 22 inch up from the bottom of the car.

The whole car was dipped in primer and then dipped in some kind of rust protection 22 inch up from the bottom of the car.
I am aware of that. I just want to find a paint to duplicate that as closely as possible.

I am aware of that. I just want to find a paint to duplicate that as closely as possible.
You can check out my resto thread 1965 Dodge Dart Charger. You will find some pictures at page 81 in post #2009.

Last edited:
You can check out my resto thread 1965 Dodge Dart Charger. You will find some pictures at page 81 in post #2009.
The Dart looks great, what product did you coat the underside with?

-
Back