-
Status
Not open for further replies.

rob_robinson87

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Ok, this is a weird one. Carried my 1968 Barracuda seats in to my local upholsterer to get my new pearl white seat covers installed. I happened to swing in since I hadn’t heard from them in a little while to find out when they sat one of the seats in the sun to soften the vinyl, that my driver’s seat was RUN OVER by a customer which ripped the new cover and broke the inside track for the seat. He has been stressing over the last couple of weeks trying to find a track and get a new cover. The cover isn’t going to be a big issue, but the runner has been. I told him he ought to have contacted me immediately since I knew a bunch of A-body owners who could probably help me out. Only thing he has been able to find was a complete seat on the other side of the state. Really, my seat frame is in better shape than probably what he has found, so my question to all of you is this… Does anyone have a 1968 Barracuda driver side set of slider rails (or really just the right side track) they are willing to sell me so I can get my seat finished? Help me find that rail or a set of rails if possible. THANKS!!!!

Sorry to hear this. No seat here but, I can't help wondering why they wouldn't have a place that was roped off or blocked to vehicles to prevent what happened. I guess they will now:angry7: Good luck finding a donor.

Yes, the driver side bucket track.. inside piece. The one without the lever.

It was a freak thing. Accidents happen. You would think that someone could see a bright white bucket sitting on dark black pavement. It wasn't even where the customer's should be pulling up.

I have a front set of 67 buckets seats for $150 from a Cuda
need foam & covered , backs and track VGC
I wouldnt want to part out.
Located in Ohio and will be at the Nats
Its not much help to you , but an option if you cant find a track
Donnie

Part Number shows to be 2935947 for the inner and 2935948 for the outer. Barracuda, Dart and Valiant.
*****The interchange manual shows those to be 1968 only but I bet the others will also fit.
1969 shows 2935768 inner and 2935770 outer. Barracuda, Dart and Valiant.
1970 shows 3454071 inner and 3454075 outer. These are Dart and other A-bodies numbers since Barracuda went to an E-body in 1970.

***** My book only does 1968 and newer.

Thanks Donnie. I have found a whole seat on the other side of the state for 160 but that person didn't want to ship either. Was hoping that maybe I can find a track cheaper. Thanks though.

Hey Rob
I just got a bunch of parts and there is a set of tracks that might be A-body,I will check when I get home from work tomorrow and let you know tomorrow night.
Doug

Hey Rob
I just got a bunch of parts and there is a set of tracks that might be A-body,I will check when I get home from work tomorrow and let you know tomorrow night.
Doug
They turned out to be 70 e-body tracks,sorry

If the guy across the state won't ship the whole seat have him just ship the tracks and pitch the rest. I've done a similar thing before when a guy wouldn't "part out" a part. It makes for an expensive part sometimes. But sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

Chuck

...and you need to take the cost of new track(s) and shipping out of the upholstery bill. Certainly not your fault, therefore shouldn't be your expense.
JMO

I wish there was some way I could help. A pic of the part(s) you need would help me determine if I have something here you can use.
The bench seat tracks are very different. Even that release lever is too short to work on a bucket. Parts can be moved from one to another or fabricated as needed.
Just for the sake of knowing... there is a fairly large hole in the side of the seat bottom frame. I know these frames crack at the top of that hole when a large person getting in and out over stresses the steel. A clutch pedal is a wear factor too.
Since a car ran over your seat, you probably should look for such a crack. Closong the crack and welding a flat washer to the inside is the fix.

The guy who ran over my seat found me another one. Problem solved. Thanks for all who stepped up to help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back