Unhappy buyer .What to do ???

-
My eyeballs hurt from staring at the screen and this ended up longer than I expected. I really don't care for drama or over-speculation. Unfortunately I got sucked into this and figure it would be best to give my side of the story while offering some of my own speculation, but trying to be objective.

Not that my oppinion matters, but bottom line is if a person want's as close to perfect parts as possible then they should be bought new and assembled by an expert that can be held accountable.

I can relate to buying and not getting quite what I wanted also.
Asking for some compensation wouldn't be out of line either, but I wouldn't expect it (Not saying you do, just saying what I would think if I were in your shoes)

I do totally agree that people jump the gun with accusations, and I wish it were not so.

Also, for all we know the seller was only able to make his house payment because of the sale, and literally couldn't give some of the money back if he wanted to.
He MAY however have something you need in the future and may be able to help you out that way.

I do totally agree that people jump the gun with accusations, and I wish it were not so.
I do not think there has EVER been on of these threads where the "Tar & Feather" crew did not jump on the band wagon. Pretty sure that the mods are going to jump in here and go off on the feed back system after I make this statement....so be it....This is why I really feel that there should be a forum for transactions that did not go as expected. The only people that should be allowed to comment on any thread in that forum would be the parties involved. This was only the facts, according to the parties involved, are stated. This thread is the very reason why the famed "feedback" system is not all it is cracked up to be......couple it the fact that not everyone uses it....Ok mods......jump in here & tell me how much of an idiot I am........again......

IMO, if this rear is looked upon as a spare, then $375 is a pretty fair price. If you are nit-picky about what goes into your rear end and are concerned about this unit being compromised, then you should have just bought new items and had your guy set them up for you. Then there would be no questions about a used unit.

If I were reading the ad looking for something of this nature and saw a reference to having "7 second passes" on the unit, I would automatically assume a couple things...

(1) this unit has been launched HARD at least the number of times the sellers says it has, and..
(2) the car it came from has a trans brake, as no car could possibly run those numbers on a foot brake

Even for the price I would have passed on it, especially if my car is capable of running those same numbers!!

I hope these lads can agree to disagree and go on from here!! Our world is getting too small around here to hold grudges!! JMO of course, Geof

IMO, if this rear is looked upon as a spare, then $375 is a pretty fair price. If you are nit-picky about what goes into your rear end and are concerned about this unit being compromised, then you should have just bought new items and had your guy set them up for you. Then there would be no questions about a used unit.

If I were reading the ad looking for something of this nature and saw a reference to having "7 second passes" on the unit, I would automatically assume a couple things...

(1) this unit has been launched HARD at least the number of times the sellers says it has, and..
(2) the car it came from has a trans brake, as no car could possibly run those numbers on a foot brake

Even for the price I would have passed on it, especially if my car is capable of running those same numbers!!

I hope these lads can agree to disagree and go on from here!! Our world is getting too small around here to hold grudges!! JMO of course, Geof

I,m guessing the 7 sec. passes were 1/8 mile.My car is in the 6,s with footbrake(1/8 mile).

Ink,I,ll let this go for abit til it gets into a trainwreck.Which we all know it will.

Hope a lesson has been learned on buying used race parts.Been there myself.

Race parts are made to be ran till they break so the buyer needs to bolt the crap together and run it. Only time will tell.

I made it very clear in my ad what i had been doing to it .10-20 passes .I said "about 10" i think and does it really make much difference between 9-12 and 17-18 ? I wasnt trying to pull the wull over anyones eyes .I didnt write down ticks every pass i made ,so i took an educated guess.Keep in mind i havent ran this carrier in over two years ,so its hard to remember how many times i pulled to the line ,but it wasnt 20 .I took it to the track 3 times with that center section and made about 4 passes each time.Yes , i launched on the T-brake with it ,but my other carrier with the 4.10's has been hit with the T-brake for 150-160 passes and its still hanging in there.I didnt mark the price down to $375 so i could unload it on to someone ( despite what you may think i dont operate that way).I needed to raise funds for the cam and head upgrade i just did to my car ,and i had this third member laying around that i didnt need ,so i sold it.I figured it wasnt gunna move at $475 ,so i came down ,and down ,and down till i found a # it would sell at.If it hadnt sold at $375 i would still have it.Good luck and im sorry it had to end this way .No hard feelings here ,but im gunna stand my ground on this on principle alone...

I,m guessing the 7 sec. passes were 1/8 mile.My car is in the 6,s with footbrake(1/8 mile).

Ink,I,ll let this go for abit til it gets into a trainwreck.Which we all know it will.

Hope a lesson has been learned on buying used race parts.Been there myself.
I am truely sorry about this ,and i didnt want it ugly .I was seeking advise on what to do at first (because i have never ran into this situation before on here) then it turned into something else.As far as im concerned the deal is over and done now.Im moving on .If members think im "Shadey "then so be it .I have bought and sold many items on here over the years i have been a member ,and i always send the goods or the money when i say i will ,and i always represent items as best i can ...

Daniel

-
Back