[FOR SALE] Unknown trim pieces — can you identify?

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

mvh

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Contact seller
The body shop included these with my Barracuda parts. I think they mistook them for my decklid trim strips, but that are completely different, and very likely not Mopar. I’m guessing mid-60s Chevy. They are marked “front top” and “front bottom” (apparently the shop guys couldn’t read), and the two pieces are exactly the same but flipped vertically (as you would expect from a top & bottom set). Measurements are
62.25 x 0.5 x 0.875 inches. They have mounting studs, but I couldn’t say that if have the full complement.

Yours for the price of shipping if you can identify them, or if you just want them for whatever reason.

E3F3B920-B3F8-4B26-A885-127483AFE56F.jpeg

DE7530DE-71D8-48ED-8352-E234FF34F853.jpeg

5F15A901-7C78-45D3-9822-29C7ADCDCF3C.jpeg

3440755B-2F11-46ED-888C-E6908B098200.jpeg

If you haven't already you may want to ask the shop. They may have the car that those belong to

I mean, duh, of course I did. They didn't know and they didn't want them back. I also wound up with quarter glass from a late-model something, new side mount spare brackets for a stepside, and a bunch of miscellaneous small parts.

You don't know the backstory, of course. My fastback was undergoing major surgery when the shop when bankrupt. The former owner took it home and promised he would get it finished. He did get it welded up but not even started on prep, painting and reassembly, so after several years I went and got it back. The removed parts were all just tossed in the back, with a few boxes on the side. It took days to sort them out. He didn't want any of the other stuff back because those cars were long gone, whatever they were. But he formerly worked on lots of vintage cars, mostly Chevies but also 50s Fords.

Can it be for 63-64 Dart front valence?

Seem kind of wide at 62-1/4... Also, the ends are open, which would imply some kind of separate end cap piece (I'm not familiar with the early As). Studs don't look like Mopar pieces, either.

Seem kind of wide at 62-1/4... Also, the ends are open, which would imply some kind of separate end cap piece (I'm not familiar with the early As). Studs don't look like Mopar pieces, either.
-64 Darts ha two mouldings, upper and lowe, connected to moulding around the lights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back