Unusual Hobbies

-

65 Dartman

1 of None 65 Dart Sedan Delivery
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I am trying my hand at growing Venus Flytraps. I bought this one as a baby and have had to already transplant it into a bigger pot.

IMG_6564.jpeg

IMG_6598.jpeg
It’s still to small for flies - don’t have any anyway, but it’s feasted in some gnats that showed up.

Kitty likes shootin possums on the back porch when they come up to eat cat food. Contrary to all the stupid Facebook memes, we've had several cats attacked by possums through the years and one even eventually died from her injuries. Kitty caint stand their greasy asses so she comes and gets the 22 off the wall where we keep it hanging and takes um out. She usually gets a couple a month. She's a good shot, too. lol

Last edited:
Kitty likes shootin possums on the back porch when they come up to eat cat food. Contrary to all the stupid Facebook memes, we've had several cats attacked by possums through the years and one even eventually died from her injuries. Kitty caint stant their greasy asses so she comes and gets the 22 off the wall where we keep it hanging and takes um out. She usually gets a couple a month. She's a good shot, too. lol
The real question is, how does she cook em?

Possums kill and eat ticks; I wouldn’t take them out; cars do a good enough job at that!
There's still plenty of them that don't make it up on the porch. They're safe from the wrath of Kitty.

Possums are soon to be on my hit list too. They scare my feral cats and are ugly, dirty, pigs that consume everything. Raccoons and skunks made the lists earlier this year. I have a noise reduction unit on its way.

My Kitty doesn't like possums on the patio either but she is too skeerd to shoot a 22. she thinks it will get her fat kittycats.

My Kitty doesn't like possums on the patio either but she is too skeerd to shoot a 22. she thinks it will get her fat kittycats.
My Kitty was a junior shooting instructor for the NRA when she was a teenager, so she can shoot. lol

Chickens would be better at that without the downsides.
This is a real answer to the tick problem. Plus all the eggs you can eat.

Anyone here shoot groundhogs for fun? They're worse than possums in NY.

I can a lot of food from my garden and reload most of my own bullets and shells. Maybe not unusual but may not that common these days, either.

This is a real answer to the tick problem. Plus all the eggs you can eat.

Anyone here shoot groundhogs for fun? They're worse than possums in NY.

Groundhogs started a war with me years ago when they ate the crankshaft sensor wire on my suburban and several wires on the Malibu I bought from my mom’s estate. If I see them they are Turkey vulture food.

Groundhogs started a war with me years ago when they ate the crankshaft sensor wire on my suburban and several wires on the Malibu I bought from my mom’s estate. If I see them they are Turkey vulture food.
.223 is good fodder for them! I got 3 this year!

We were at Lowes and I saw a small display so I thought why not. Read up on how to care for them and so I thought I’d give it a try
i might have to give that a shot

i got plenty of fruitflies this year, and it would be nice to see them get put to good use

do you need to normally feed them, or do they hunt?

Kitty likes shootin possums on the back porch when they come up to eat cat food. Contrary to all the stupid Facebook memes, we've had several cats attacked by possums through the years and one even eventually died from her injuries. Kitty caint stand their greasy asses so she comes and gets the 22 off the wall where we keep it hanging and takes um out. She usually gets a couple a month. She's a good shot, too. lol
THAT IS NOT A HOBBY!!! That is "just bein useful." LOLOL

Moles and Voles are my nemesis. My wife is an avid gardener, and those little bastards have no mercy.

Rabbits used to be a problem. But now my neighbor has a pellet gun...

EDIT: Oh, and to the point of the thread, killin moles and voles is my unususal hobby!

Believe it or not I have 2 individuals living in my house that work at a legal growing plant for that. They even have IDs in case they get stopped by law enforcement for smelling like it.
Is it still illegal in Florida (aside from medical cards)? It’s 100% legal here to grow, possess, and consume. That’s the only reason I’m growing. If it was still illegal, I wouldn’t have anything to do with it. I like my job too much.

-
Back