(Update) Build Sheet Found....kinda (Fender Tag also)

-

flyusmc

Reaction score
Hey all, I was curious if anyone could help decode any of what was left of my Build sheet. It was the only one found and it was found behind the back seat.
I have a 1968 Plymouth Barracuda here is my vin:
BH23F8B333768

Thanks Very much!
Andy
FLYUSMC

32409484008_large.jpg

Yes, I'll post a picture of that in a bit...but from what I have heard Build sheets can have more specifics. (well in most cases when they aren't torn to shreds LOL).

The problem is, there is no way to tell if that build sheet is the one for your car. The VIN is missing off the sheet. I've found many build sheets from other cars inside any given car. The only codes I see on your fragment is 623 (heavy duty suspension) and 358 which in '68 should be a performance axle/heavy duty cooling package for a 383 car which your car is not. Get a magnifying glass and look closely. If you see any other codes, point them out and we'll do our best. The fender tag codes will help more.

The problem is, there is no way to tell if that build sheet is the one for your car. The VIN is missing off the sheet. I've found many build sheets from other cars inside any given car. The only codes I see on your fragment is 623 (heavy duty suspension) and 358 which in '68 should be a performance axle/heavy duty cooling package for a 383 car which your car is not. Get a magnifying glass and look closely. If you see any other codes, point them out and we'll do our best. The fender tag codes will help more.

where can you find these codes online so you can check your own build sheet? (65 Belvedere)

There is enogh there to indicate a green interior - if it is for your car?

Would you like a blank broadcast sheet? If so, PM me with your e-mail address. When you determine the codes you can plug them into the template and then print out the "new" broadcast sheet.

Cheers.
Larry

My car is now completely (b5) blue with a white interior. When I bought it had a 727 and console. The rear seatbelts ARE green! I looked today and they have not been out ever. I thought them weird because they were the only things green in the car. It does have an 8 3/4 rear...
More to follow.

Here is what a fender tag decoder came up with. Different from the found build sheet.

What is interesting is that my car does have original green seat belts and it did come with a 3.55 rear end. Perhaps someone someone sometime swapped the rear end and the rear seat in the car from a 383 car?

I know the engine is/was not original as it is a 340 but the transmission was (before I put in a 5 speed) a 727.

BTW does anyone know what the color scheme looked like stock?

CAR: Plymouth Barracuda 2 Door Hardtop
ENGINE: 318cid 2-bbl V8
TRANSMISSION: 3-Speed Automatic
TIRES: Unknown tire code
BUILD DATE: March 29.
AXLE: 2.76 Rear Axle Ratio
INTERIOR: High Trim Grade, Vinyl Bucket Seats. Green Interior.
PAINT: Monotone Light Green Metallic Paint.
OTHER: Racing Green Metallic Upper Door Frame Color. Black Horizontal Accent Stripe.

MOLDINGS:
19: Wide Sill Mouldings
25: Drip Rail Mouldings
30: Body Belt Mouldings
78: Wheel Lip Mouldings

ABC OPTIONS:
E8: Unknown Option
R1: AM Radio
X2: Tinted Windshield Only
Y6: Black Vinyl Top

abc OPTIONS:
b4: Bucket Seats

It would have come from the factory with a 904, the tire code is for D70-14 whitewalls, I can't tell if it's a B or an 8 under the (S)tripe code. If it's an 8, it's a stripe delete, the E8 could be one of 2 different packages available that year. The ones I see listed are the Performance Axle Package (358) and the Spring Package (368), You'd probably have to have the correct build sheet to know which one for sure. I can't tell if there is a 6 under the "a" or not. If so, the car should have a console.

Those should be 8's as the third digit of the package codes. I don't know why it came through as smiley faces.

Thanks all for your help in figuring out my original build! It looks like it is coming up on my Barracudas 44th birthday here soon! (29 March!)

BTW If indeed the E8 Code is an axle or heavy duty springs doesn't this support the build sheet code?

"..358 which in '68 should be a performance axle/heavy duty cooling package"'
Plus the green trim code?

And not that I put too much faith in it but my car did have a console when I bought it.

-
Back