Update on me and the barracuda

-

Dart_Doctor

Asa style
Reaction score
Ok as lalot of u know ive been having a hard time with finding a D Dirver .. and alot of u said dont sell the barracuda . Well im going ot give it a shot to put all the bbp stuff i have on it and do some wireing pray for me on the wireing lol ..i still lack a few parts like a driver side top bbp A arm big ball joint ... and some ather little stuff .. the hard part is going to get the title worked out thats going to be a lot of cash but i think this will be my only shot at keeping her ... i just pray the truck holds out and so do my body tell i get her where i can driver her lol but some of u asked so what my plan well so far this is it now if the truck dont make it wel then im just sol and i will have to sell the barracuda ... Ok i know u want pics so im going to give them to ya lol :bootysha:

It really shouldn't cost that much to get 'er on the road.....a little money and some work.
Good luck D_D and keep us posted.
Tom.

I,d hit it with some sandpaper and primer,keep the rust from spreading and drive the wheels off that baby.Why do you have to go BBP,can,t you leave that for another time $$?

haha kK ...Im sorry guys i didnt tell the hole story just sand and prime it was what i was going to do for a bit then i got it runing and drove it aroung the yard and it made a lot of bad sounds lol it needs brakes all the way around now heres where the val comes i in that 4 door by the cuda we as u know i crashed it as u can see in them pics are after i beat it out alittle lol but they payed out on it as it was my only driver at the time .. they paid me enough to buy all new sup and brakes so i said why not make it safer lol . so i got all the parts together and then seen a barracuda then I sold the car to chuck . he needed some thing to get better mpg lol so then with what he gave me for the val I got the 1st barracuda well that was a bust it was to rusty for me even to want to mess with and I had a 65 val wagon to I traded the 2 of them for this barracuda .. now I was told it was going to need brakes when I got it ...remember I still have the new parts I didn't sell them with the val .... now on to the Dakota cuz now ur thinking hay if that was his dd then how did he get the truck ... Ok then theirs that 74 val 4 door that I traded to get the wagon and a 66 dart 2 door post .. ok U already know where the wagon went then my dad wanted the 66 post.. so I traded him for the truck btw I said some of this back words the truck thing happed b4 I got the barracuda as I knew I need a ride 1st and keep in mind this is years of trading so its not like all this happened over night if U want me to go back to where is all started I can and the wagon was rusty and blown up the 66 dart had not run since 85 so the tag tells me loll so them were a no go dang my hands hurt lol I hope I said this good enough if not I will have cliff help me

haha kK ...Im sorry guys i didnt tell the hole story just sand and prime it was what i was going to do for a bit then i got it runing and drove it aroung the yard and it made a lot of bad sounds lol it needs brake all the way around now heres where the val comes i in that 4 door by the cuda we as u know i crashed it as u can see in them pics are after i beat it out alittle lol but they payed out on it as it was my only driver at the time .. they payed me enough to buy all new sup and brakes so i said why not make it safer lol . so i got all the parts togather and then seen a barracuda then i sold the car to chuck . he needed some thing to get better mpg lol so then with what he gave me for the val i got the 1st barracuda well that was a bust it was to rusty for me even to want to mess with and i had a 65 val wagon to i traded the 2 of them for this barracuda .. now i was told it was going to need brakes when i got it ...remeber i still have the new parts i didnt sell them with the val .... now on to the dakota cuz now ur thinking hay if that was his dd then how did he get the truck ... Ok then thers that 74 val 4 door that i traded to get the wagon and a 66 dart 2 door post .. ok u already know where the wagon went then my dad wanted the 66 post.. so i traded him for the truck btw i said some of this back words the truck thing happed b4 i got the barracuda as i knew i need a ride 1st and keep in mind this is years of tradeing so its not like all this happened over night if u want me to go back to where is all started i can and the wagon was rusty and blown up the 66 dart had not run sice 85 so the tag tells me lol so them were a no go dang my hands hurt lol i hope i said this good enough if not i will have cliff help me
I got a headache now......

crap im sorry i knew i could not tell it with out getting yall messed up .. Im doing the best that i can i will try to look at it and fix it

Alrighty then,so you have all new brakes to put on the Barracuda?Will it be road worthy after brakes are installed or is there other issues?Electrical?Where?Remove the block at the firewall for inspection,this is the first area I would look,then I,d bypass the ammeter.Let us know what your major problems are so we can help get you roadworthy.:D

Alrighty then,so you have all new brakes to put on the Barracuda?Will it be road worthy after brakes are installed or is there other issues?Electrical?Where?Remove the block at the firewall for inspection,this is the first area I would look,then I,d bypass the ammeter.Let us know what your major problems are so we can help get you roadworthy.:D

X2 on this Doc, is your barracuda a /6 car?
Let's get it up off the ground and check out the rear end and brakes and brake line, and let's put about 4 gallons of gas in the tank and hook a electric fuel pump on it if the engine won't start, or will it ? 12 volts to drain and inspect the fuel filter and see what is in the tank.
One step at a time and we are here to help in any way we can :coffee2:.
pull the inspection cover of the rear end and service it and let's get started on the rear brake system and fuel tank and supply.
Does the wipers work ? and have you checked all the light's ? does the blower motor work ?
It may seem overwelming but each day you can move forward with some of these things with out cash or very little of it.
Do you have a restoration thread started yet ? if not let's get one started with pictures under the hood, belly, and under your dash.
Doing this will help us help with the move to get it on the road and safe to drive :coffee2:

DD I will help where I can. memike a couple of weeks ago he started on changing the Dist but had to stop. If some one can pm me a diagram that will help will help get him closer. I think I have enough ink to print it odd. I will need Asa to tell what else needs to be done.

I know we can drop the gas tank drain the old gas out and put in 2 gallons of paint thinner to help clean it out. Hopefully the lock ring will still be in good shape for reuse. The O ring we should be able to get.

I hope he has 2 wheels with the LBP that will fit the front. so I guess he will need to find 2 rear wheels in the same size(SBP)

It is pretty straight foward. You need to install both upper control arms, use the ball joint that is with the spindle and install them, reinstall the tie rod ends, install the rotor then the caliper, then the brake hoses, proporting valve, lines and anything else you removed. It is a given that you use new cotter keys in all key ways.

Wow u guys thanks so much but im going to try and fire her up ... we go ther running soon after i got it .. but then the points went to hell so i changed it today my backs the only thing im worried bout lol i have a bbp rear end and all the parts to put rear brakes on it .... its my heath that idk bout right now jsut doing the elc swap it hurts , its time thats going to make me fail i know i can do it well i should not say that i need to go see it will start well see yall later

Did you changed it to mopar electronic ? 8)
Double check you distributor rotor and make sure it is pointing to the #1 plug on compression stroke :D and don't let me here you hurnt the starter and or the battery won't stay up long enough to fire it off,:blob: JJ :D I am sure you know this all ready 8)
I am looking forward to how well the slant sounds :cheers:

Well mike good news and bad news its running is the good new i had one wire off but hay its my 1st time lol but the bad news is i here a knock now i cant tell if its a lifter or not we are going to put fresh oil in it tomarrow and get it timed in good as its not right now it just runs lol .. then go form there but it do sound like a slant lol hell if i can do this wiring stuff i know i can put a motor in it lol

Knock schmock. I got a 360 that I've put over 3000 miles on with a Rod Knock in my cuda. It would be nice if that wasn't the source, but if it is, drive it nice and don't do anything stupid and it should last long enough to get a new DD.

Floyd thanks but i aint going to take cliffs parts but i do have some good news well we got the oil changed in her today and it tuned up and it was not rainnnig so i could here what the sound really was btw last night it was raining so i could not hear any thing in the shop lol well do u want to know what it was are sure u want to know lol ? ...................................................................................its all rocker tick we are going to run the valves this week end im going to have my dad and uncle help me that way i can lern how .. now i did find one more thing thats bad on her the carb need redone bad its leaking gas all over the place but i have a kit already for it so agin my dads going to show me how to do it oh and a gas filter is next on the list then trans filter

Try putting a quart of trans fluid in the oil to help unstick the lifter. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. Worth a try.

Hey D/D,what happenin?I think those carbs as easy as pie.Good to hear from you.

-
Back