Update on our house fire/ Reupdated!

-

briankaplan

greenduster
Reaction score
Well guys. We have been weighting all our options. Wanted to rebuild on our
land, but it looks like we are going with a built home. We found a forclosed
house. At about a third of what it would cost to build.
Before you guys yell at me. Looks good! We put in a bid on it.
Wish us luck.

That is awesome, hope you get it! It would be a lot faster and easier than to build a new one. Is the house on a property or are you moving a house to your place? I have 2 friends who bought houses that were moved for a new highway and went that direction.

^^One of my friends parents did that too^^
That's great to hear Brian. Hope you have just as big of a garage for the Duster too.
Hope ya win the bid and get settled back in to a house soon. Good luck bud

Great news Brian! :-D Does your new place have a garage?

I know after Hurricane Katrina it was going to be a minimum two-year wait even for a pretty lame manufactured home ... that's one of the main reasons I ended up in Tennessee.

You could always build a nice garage on your old lot. Pole barn maybe...

Good Luck and keep us posted.

there is nothing wrong with a forclosure... you just need to check everything, turn the water on full blast in every sink to check drains for blockage(like cement), check toliets for the same thing, add water with a bucket and flush, stove, washer etc...

Well guys. We have been weighting all our options. Wanted to rebuild on our
land, but it looks like we are going with a built home. We found a forclosed
house. At about a third of what it would cost to build.
Before you guys yell at me. Looks good! We put in a bid on it.
Wish us luck.

:cheers: Good luck Brian :cheers:
Sounds like you have a handle on things and I hope all goes great :thumleft:

Keep us posted man ...... some one help me out is a manufactured home a trailer ?

My understanding is that it would have been trailers in the 1970s', but now the terms describe a much broader range of factory built homes.

Good luck Brian, you deserve a break.

Keep us posted man ...... some one help me out is a manufactured home a trailer ?

Good luck Brian,...Post some pics,...My home is a manufactured home,...Out here ther're called pre fabs,...had my 1600 sq.ft cape for about 10 years,...came here on two trucks,...so far so good..

Good luck Brian,...Post some pics,...My home is a manufactured home,...Out here ther're called pre fabs,...had my 1600 sq.ft cape for about 10 years,...came here on two trucks,...so far so good..

My understanding is that it would have been trailers in the 1970s', but now the terms describe a much broader range of factory built homes.

Good luck Brian, you deserve a break.
Ok cool I live in one too . a trailer is all ive ever called them . chucky knows that lol thats why he just said Yes lmao

Well guys. We had our bid accepted! We have a new home. 3 bedroom, 2
bath. Living room, kitchen, laundry, dining room. Over 2000 sq. ft. Got it for
a third of building it. WOO-HOO!

-
Back