bath. Living room, kitchen, laundry, dining room. Over 2000 sq. ft. Got it for
a third of building it. WOO-HOO!

Congrats!!

Now on to business :D

---equal thirds in the prefab business---

1) 90% of prefabs are hand assembled ...+1
2) good ground Ye have ...+2
3) spend the other 33 % of the check on a validated--- read + 20yr
contractor whom will 'lay' the foundation.

That is great news Brian!! Now on to the task of getting back to normal!! Good luck bro!! Geof

Great news Brian! Is it still in your area? Sounds like a great new start for you both and I am happy for you :glasses7:

Congratulations, Brian. I am really glad for yall. I hope everything goes off without a hitch.

Excellent news Brian and be sure to post some pics once it gets moved!

I know that yours is not a manufactured home, but I live in one. No, they don't have wheels, lol. It came on two semi's and was set in place on a reinforced concrete foundation and the underside is all steel I-beam. Prior to purchase, I was required to have a structural engineer come and check it out. He said in a nutshell that "that house is built stronger than any other house on the block". All the electric is all copper with plenty of room for expansion, plumbing is virtually new and they are really easy to work on and upgrade. Over 1400 sq ft too, which is perfect for me and the dogs, guest bedroom, two bathroom, office, reloading room and master bedroom with a giant master bath and vaulted ceilings.

The down side? Cheap cabinetry and most of the walls have that crappy wood strip over the drywall seams. They do that so when it's moved, the drywall doesn't crack. It'll probably be the first thing I change out.

We don't have to far to move the few things we have. Most will get moved
in by the furniture crews. It's just across town. Just out of our city limits.
Very nice area. Woods behind us. Closest neighbor id about 300 feet down
the road.
Here's a pic. Needs just a little TLC. Paint, repair on the deck out back and
I'm going to switch garage doors from my old place.

Attachments

• photo_server.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 128
  • photo_server (2).jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 119
Congrats Brian,...Its good to see you in a place so soon,...BTW, Did those shirts fit ya and Momma?

wow that place looks nice inside love the woodwork,glad you found a place quick

I just checked into my model tread and noticed you posted something about things being burned up. Sorry the hear the news on that. Glad things are going better for you.

I know what you mean by not feeling up to building at the moment. When my building buddy jumped off the Sunshine Skyway Bridge I didn't want to even look at my models. It took a few years to finally give it a go again and its still not the same.

-
Back