Upper ball joint socket

-

rusty

Reaction score
Anybody know what the size is or maybe a brand/part number for the 73 up ball joint socket.I recently picked up lbp disc setup off a late 72 dart for my 69 and want to replace ball joints and bushings.Looking on ebay or anybody here?

OTC also makes the sockets for Mopar ball joints. I bought a set of three, years ago and have never regretted it.

When I go into the city I guess I will check the tool store,none of the auto parts stores I checked had them.

I have a brand new one I will sell for 25.00 plus the shipping it is for the big ball joints 72 and up. I paid more then what I am asking but I thought it was for the small ball joint so I don't need it as I have 2 of them. Well Ok 73 and UP

I have a brand new one I will sell for 25.00 plus the shipping it is for the big ball joints 72 and up. I paid more then what I am asking but I thought it was for the small ball joint so I don't need it as I have 2 of them.

Big ball joint should be 73 and up.

What works good as well is a 2 in wrench lol ya it just so happen I had one laying around

Rusty,
I have one,i have loaned out to several members here.PM me your address and i will get it out to you.$5.00 will get it back to me.Terry

Rusty,
I have one,i have loaned out to several members here.PM me your address and i will get it out to you.$5.00 will get it back to me.Terry

Thanks for the offer but I would rather just have my own,I have a box full of tools I never use:)

I have a brand new one I will sell for 25.00 plus the shipping it is for the big ball joints 72 and up. I paid more then what I am asking but I thought it was for the small ball joint so I don't need it as I have 2 of them. Well Ok 73 and UP

If you still have it ,do you take paypal? Pm me,If shipping ain't much I'll take it off your hands,the tool store in town has Wright sockets for 39.99 I don't know which one to get they had 3 sizes

I bought mine at the NAPA Store, if they don't have it, they should be able to order one for you. Remember Ma Mopar made two different size's of ball joints!

Sorry I didn't see this earlier. From my archives, I save everything. I can't remember where I got it from and can't confirm the accuracy of the info, but here you go:

60-72 A-body all, 73-76 A-body with drum brakes.
1-3/4" square ball joint socket.
Miller # C-3714 (may be discontinued)
Snap-On # S6302

57-79 B-body, 79-81 R-body, 76-80 F-body, 77-89 M-body, 80-83 J-body, 73-76 A-body with disc brakes, 70-74 E-body, 63-73 C-body.
1-15/16" square ball joint socket. (1.938")
Miller # C-3560
Moog # T412
Year One # MR48.
Blackhawk # 60460 (may be discontinued)

60-62 & 74-78 C-body, 59-75 D-body, 72-93 D-series trucks, 70-94 B-series vans, 87-94 Dakota.
2-1/8" square ball joint socket.
Miller # C-3561
Moog # T412
Year One # MR49

-
Back