upper control arms

-

inkjunkie

Reaction score
Bushings or rod ends? Car will be a street/strip deal. Will have a 2nd Generation Hemi in it, so handling is of little or no concern. Other than the adjustability of the rod ends, is there any advantage? Firm Feel? RMS? ????

I thought it was

Rod end style for best performance on the street or track.

Bushing Style- recommended for best performance on Street/handling.

I know Bill recommend Rod ends for my Drag/Street car

Bushings or rod ends? Car will be a street/strip deal. Will have a 2nd Generation Hemi in it, so handling is of little or no concern. Other than the adjustability of the rod ends, is there any advantage? Firm Feel? RMS? ????

If it going to be a straight line type car with big 426 type engine, skinny tires and not concerned with handling... just run stock UCA's with moog offset bushing installed for more caster.

If it going to be a straight line type car with big 426 type engine, skinny tires and not concerned with handling... just run stock UCA's with moog offset bushing installed for more caster.

Whoa, wait a second... offset bushings? Where do I find these? I looked at all moog bushings on summit and nothing about them was to be found.

Whoa, wait a second... offset bushings? Where do I find these? I looked at all moog bushings on summit and nothing about them was to be found.

Yep, you get them at rockauto.com

Moog PN: K7103 $27.79 for 2 bushings (1 side)

So about 60 bucks for offset bushings...

Install them per these instructions for more caster. NOT the instructions that come in the box/kit.

Moog7103bushingInstall.jpg

Install them per these instructions for more caster. NOT the instructions that come in the box/kit.

Moog7103bushingInstall.jpg
Is this the only way to get caster w/ the "fixer" bushings? I installed mine as suggested on the box. Should I be able to get positive caster from this?

Is this the only way to get caster w/ the "fixer" bushings? I installed mine as suggested on the box. Should I be able to get positive caster from this?

You probably can gain some caster adjustment. But not as nearly as much as if they were installed per those instructions.

Think its possible to rotate the bushing in the cup?

-
Back