US Cartool connectors

-

junior

Reaction score
Hey all

Have i screwed myself? I'm about to install US Cartool connectors my car is completly apart and on stands and readt to go on rotisery, suspention all off just unibody left, can I still install connectors or MUST car be on wheels?

personally I like to have them on their wheels, I would most defiantly do it before it goes on the rotisery. I would think if you can get it level on jack stands and your doors line up you should be ok.

Get the car level and put them in. Be ready to spend some time with a grinder for fit. I put some on my ragtop cuda, and spent about 8 hrs fitting them. Hard tops are suposed to have a better fit though.

Just make sure the car is level on the stands. Put a level on the rockers and shim the stands till the car is leavel front to back. Do the same thing on the cowl and trunk to get the car level side to side.

Dunb question? Why can't you have the car on the rotisery? I would think that having the car on its side would make the job a lot easier.

Dumb answer? The car may have some sag in it on the rotisserie. Get them tacked in real good and finish the welds on the rotisserie.

The rotisserie makes things easier until you set the car down on its wheels and try to open and close your doors. If you weld in floor pans or subframe connectors do them on the floor or if you are going to use a rotisserie, measure
and level everything so that all gaps are perfect and weld cross and front to back braces in so that the car doesn't sag when you hang it.

HEY ALL Thanx for all the info this helped out alot in helping me decide what to do. Heres my plan. reassemble front end and support wheels, use stand in rear and level car using shims if needed, reinstall doors fit and tack connectors hang car. made alot of extra work for myself by getting to far ahead of myself. Now I have to disassemble the car AGAIN... lol... Boy I think I'm going to need more BEER.

-
Back