Use it for parts or resale??

-

jbaker72157

Reaction score
Ok guys I figured I would get your input on a car I'm looking at buying. It's a 74 Dart custom 4 door with 318, auto trans, air conditioning, front disk brakes and vinyl top; 93k miles.

Car is completely rust free, factory paint, factory top, all numbers matching. 1 owner car with original owners manual and build sheet. The only bad on the car is a small transmission leak and the front seat is cracked on the driver's side. The paint is good and so is the top.

Question is, do I kill it for the drive train, brakes, rear end etc to build on a duster or try to resale. If I resale what would you approximate the value at, I know this is hard without pictures but I will add some on here when I pick the car up tomorrow.

Sounds like a plan, didn't know if they were worth anything. I figure for $1,400 I wouldn't lose any money parting it or selling it.

I would say if you do not have an old mopar to drive right now.. Get it drive it and work on the duster when time and other parts permit..

Yes it is a 4 door but they are cool in their own way also....

Put it up for sale, sounds like a driver already. Put a price tag that would be able to buy the parts you were going to purchase. I'm not to hip on quad door cruisers, but I do know guys who love 4 doors. I would hate to see a restoreable cars getting crushed when there might be a person who would love that car. Hey, I would have killed for any car when I was 16.

Here are a few pictures of the car, went and got it today. Pretty nice old car.

20120903_182806.jpg

20120903_182756.jpg

Think I'll drive it for a bit then sell it.

i wouldnt part it, could probably resell for 2,500 to the right person, specially if was over here on the east coast no rust. some guys love the whole sleeper 4 door big quiet motor.

if you did id possibly be interested in the whole front end

Probably worth a lot more in parts but it is a nice survivor, especially a one-owner with documentation, so I wouldn't want to part it out or see it parted out either. I think it would be a great daily driver; V-8 & AC what more do you need? Nice car!

I think that car is too good to part out, even though it is an undesireable 4 door.
I would try to sell it to make some money, and then buy a real parts car.
I would advertise it for say 3 months, and if it doesn't sell, then part it out.

As someone who has the same car, that one is a beauty. The 4 doors are not as sexy as the coupes, but it is in great shape. I'd say to keep it and enjoy it.

That is not a parts car, drive it as it is, or sell it.

-
Back