-
Status
Not open for further replies.

BS23VOE

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
It's a real V code 70 cuda, in original paint (orange), Texas car so hardly any rust. It is complete except for engine and trans. THE vin tag, fender tag, and all body numbers match, because it is all original paint, you can see what it is, and see what it needs, and you can see the numbers havent been screwed with. If you are a collector, and you want one of these that isnt a rust bucket prettied up, this is your chance. Real solid restoration project, factory auto, 833 total made in 70 with the 440-6, Orange, W black hockey stick "440" stripe, slap stick shifter, 3.55 8 3/4 rear end, black interior, bucket seats, rally dash, factory hood pins, road lamps, and gill rocker trim, factory shaker car,, shaker hood gone, has flat hood, have the shaker outer ring that goes on the base. 50K firm. No picks because if you are serious you will come and look at it, no one dishes out 50K without looking. located in North TX. I will see if I can come up with pictures. The car is currently on jack stands wrapped in plastic, I dont want to unwrap it unless I have a serious buyer, so no pics so far because it's wrapped.

I have sold cars like this before and had much better luck without posting pics, because, with pics you get tons of replies and basically no $$, If someone is wanting a car this rare they will come and look at it, crawl under it, go through it, and look long and hard. It has been my experience no one spends 50K without looking first, no one.

I am sincerely not being a jerk, I am just laying my cards on the table.

Thanks for the add space FABO

Here is a link to pics of this car posted later in thread by seller: http://s480.photobucket.com/home/oakme2/index

Edited by MARTIN

i thinkj he's saying the tags all match the chassis/body stamps just no engine or tranny , but who drives to bfe look at a car without seeing pics

The ad is a bit confusing due to the punctuation but the way I read it is the VIN tag,fender tag,and all body numbers match but the car is missing the motor and trans.

I've bought several cars long distance just from pictures and have had no bad surprises but I would'nt travel more than 50 miles to look at a car in person without seeing pictures first.Gonna be a tough sell without them.

Ahh ok, that would make more sense. I agree it is going to be tough to sell without pictures.

There are lots of new members joining FABO because of the amount of Mopar traffic here.

BS23VOE....great VIN....no pics hmmm :scratch: I'm guessing you're advertising this car in many places on the web? Good luck with the sale.

Someone in N. Texas needs to take a pic of this and post it here. It might be worth a look if you're within five miles. I mean a 440-6 would be a good find.

Hey guys, Read the rules when you're looking for something to read. I will agree that VOE would probably do better with his sale with pics. I'll PM him with that advice. If ya dont like the price then move on. Obviously a new member that thought there were real mopar guys and gals here and there are but one could easily come away with a bad taste in ones mouth about FABO after reading the Piranha type comments here. I cleaned it up for ya VOE but there is some good advice i left regarding the pictures. You will notice you have a PM. Good luck with the sale, and by the way let me say welcome to FABO. Your experiences will get better.
Small Block

I have had this car since the 80's, and while I am not trying to be a jerk at all, I dont really care if anyone buys it because it is more valuable as time goes by. This post wasn't meant to be entertaining, with photos, to me only a Forrest Gump type would buy a car like this without look at it in person. If you are serious and you have been looking for one of these, and you have the $$ you will come look at it, it is just that simple. So like I said not trying to be an azz at all, just offering up a very rare piece. I have posted cars like this in the past, and get a zillion reply's, I am just looking for the serious buyer, and a serious buyer will come look at a car like this.

A little more info is this car was produced at the LA CA plant in december of 69, LA V codes are rare, the LA plant was closed a few months after this vehicle was made. This car was a factory shaker, (shaker hood gone) it has a flat hood on it, it had factory hood pins, road lamps, and the gill trim on the rockers, black hockey stick stripe, on bright orange paint, rally dash, slap stick shifter, all black interior. 3.55 8 3/4 rear end. I had over 50 mopars in my collection, and I have been slowly selling them through the years, because of the number of cars I had, I haven't spent a lot of time on any of them. The carpet was removed when I bought this vehicle to inspect the floors, the seats are in it and in place but not bolted in, I haven't searched it for a build sheet, it might have one.

Basically think of it as a complete car with no engine or trans, ALL THE BODY NUMBERES ARE THERE, AND IN ORIGINAL PAINT so you can see they haven't been screwed with. The car is very intact, and restorable. The vin tag and the fender tag are there, and unmolested.

Pic's I might have a few, and If I run across them I will post a few. To me pics on this caliber of car would be just for entertainment, that is why I didn't post any. All that being said I will see if I can find any in my pic archive. The car is up on jack stands and wrapped up with plastic, and I dont want to unwrap it unless I have a serious buyer.

Thanks for the add space FABO.

5 posts...50K car to sell w/o pics...

..too many people joining just to sell...sounds fishy.....

Was talking with a MOpar guy at the local track waiting for our time to run and a guy he knew came up and wanted to know if he knew anybody that wanted to buy a 70 'Cuda. Car has a 440 with 6 pack now but also has the numbers matching 318. Has A/C and is a driver. He said he wanted $16K and turned down $15K but said he shoulda took it.

If I wasn't so deep in the fish I woulda asked for his number...

Just post a couple of pics. Some of us couldn't possibly afford the car, but still would like to get a peak. I'd like to see pic of all fifty cars if possible. Heck.. I'd like to see a pic of it wrapped up.

Hi BSVOE
Don't take it the wrong way as most don't know what that car commands for $$$,I have been involved with many E-bodies over the years(70/71 and 72 Challengers and 70/71 Cudas) I would love to see some pics also but I know I can't afford a real V code Cuda.I wish you the best in selling it,show them a pic of it wrapped in plastic.I still wish I had my 71 black/black H code Cuda.
Doug

IMHO, you need to post some pics so a buyer can determine if it's even worth a trip to check it out. Someone who can take a drive close by you might not need to see pics, but we have members from all over the globe on here. If one of them was a serious buyer, should they just hop on a trans-Atlantic flight without a pic to be sure it's worth the trip????

Not trying to butt heads with you, but you do see where this can become a vicious circle?

And if I sold my Demon, I would have some coinage for purchase. However at this time I need to hang onto my cash. So, I am not a potential buyer. Just to clear that up.

Wylde1.

Understandable to not post pictures here, but you're going to at least need to have them for PM's. I would want some before flying out. I wanted pictures in detail for the cars I've had shipped in and they were under 5k.

also: "only a Forrest Gump type would buy a car like this without look at it in person."
-hilarious.

Good Luck, hope you hang around after the sale. There's a great bunch of car jerks around here.

Would a 4spd 6pk car have had an 8 3/4?? Thought that would have been a dana car, but I am no expert...

Most of the people asking for pics admitted to not being interested in the car. They just wanted to see pictures... Well, that just proved the sellers point.

This is the "for sale" section, not the "slideshow" section.

In 1990 people posted ads in Hemmings for cars like this and there weren't pictures. And people went out and looked at cars without 3x4 pictures being mailed to them. And cars were sold. High end cars too. They just phoned each other and talked. Now, that took two inteligent people talking to each other though. And when one was a dummy most of the time the smart one weeded the other out. When both where dummys, someone or both was disappointed after a long trip.

If it's too far to travel, then let someone that lives closer to Texas get it. They have money and buy Mopars too. Sure the seller is narrowing the potentional buyers some. But his perogative. And he won't have to deal with picking up blowhards from the airport.

It's not the lack of pictures that going to keep this car from selling. It's the numbers after the dollar signs.

Most of the people asking for pics admitted to not being interested in the car. They just wanted to see pictures... Well, that just proved the sellers point.

This is the "for sale" section, not the "slideshow" section.

In 1990 people posted ads in Hemmings for cars like this and there weren't pictures. And people went out and looked at cars without 3x4 pictures being mailed to them. And cars were sold. High end cars too. They just phoned each other and talked. Now, that took two inteligent people talking to each though. And when one was a dummy most of the time the smart one weeded the other out. When both where dummys, someone or both was disappointed after a long trip.

If it's too far to travel, then let someone that lives closer to Texas get it. They have money and buy Mopars too. Sure the seller is narrowing the potentional buyers some. But his perogative. And he won't have to deal with picking up blowhards from the airport.

It's not the lack of pictures that going to keep this car from selling. It's the numbers after the dollar signs.

I bought a car on here and never went to see it. Pictures were posted and I trusted the description of the car from the owner. Without the pics I would have just passed..... just like I'm going to do with this one. We live in a visual age..... no pics, no trip, no sale.

cool !!! buddy got a restored bronze 71 v code 4- speed, 4.11 dana challenger, all original sheet metal, not numbers matching engine and trans for 55k at Mecum auction last year. Good luck!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back