V-Gate Mounting Bracket

-

DusTed74

Reaction score
I've got a Mr. Gasket V-Gate shifter that I'm going to run on my 833, but I don't have the A Body adaptor bracket. Making one is not a problem but I just need to know the bolt hole locations.
If anyone can give me the measurements I would really appriciate it.

Thanks in advance!................Ted

I'm not sure what measurements you are looking for.Is it where the shifter sits in relation to the trans?Would a picture help?Bob

okay,bracket is in hand.working off the mounting pad on the transmission,the rearward upper hole is approx(measuring with a tape measure)2-1/8" above the top forward bolt hole,center-to-center.it is also approx. 1/4" back from vertical of the top forward hole,center of bolt hole to center of bolt hole.the forward mounting hole looks to be 3" c-to-c,but it is at an angle.doing center of lower rear shifter bolt hole to forward upper shifter bolt hole,center-to-center,it's 3/4".I hope you can picture this and place it into a working drawing.if not,I could sent an outline of it with the bolt holes marked out.Bob
p.s.it's 1/2" thick.

Hey Bob thanks for the measurements. If its not too much trouble could you trace it out on a piece of paper and mail it to me?
Thanks.............Ted

the installation kits are still available from hurst shifters, mr. gasket & hurst inline shifters are the same.

okay Ted.PM me your address.
I'm not sure the mounting kits are the same,unless Hurst relabeled the v-gate as a Hurst unit also.The plates I have are very different from each other;v-gate mounts to the shifter in a horizantel bolt pattern and the RamRod mounts similiar to a standard Hurst box.If you have PN's,I'm looking for the reverse rod for the Hurst shifter.Bob

-
Back