V10 in 65 Cuda

-

BBachert

Reaction score
Before anyone goes off on me, this is a serious question. We're entertaining the idea and would appreciate any experience. Has anyone done it or heard of it?

If so, mods encountered: firewall, mounts, radiator, tunnel, etc? Will have harness, ECM, etc. Will fab headers, cross mounts, wells are cut for headers from small block, shorten shaft. Also, is already an 8 3/4 diff.

Mainly just interested in the compartment and tunnel issues. This is an all aluminum/alloy model, BTW.

OK, fire away.....and thanks in advance.

Street / cruising. It's racing days ended 38 years ago. Not to say we wouldn't wick it now and then. We'll take care of any frame reinforcing / suspension, etc.

Never heard of it in an early A, but I would expect everything you mentioned would have to be modified: firewall, radiator, trans tunnel, mounts, possibly core support as well. It's a long mutha'...

If a slant 6 will go....and it's 6 holes long, it would seem somehow a V10 could fit since it's five holes long. I know there's a LOT more to it than that.....but.....but.......but.....

If a slant 6 will go....and it's 6 holes long, it would seem somehow a V10 could fit since it's five holes long. I know there's a LOT more to it than that.....but.....but.......but.....

Excellent point, it shouldn't be an issue on length.

People have put early and late HEMIS in them. I suspect those engine are equally as large if not larger. I think certainly it can be done. If it has not already.

I thought the V10's were awful long though...but from what i've seen on this site....somebody's gonna do it..may as well be you...I know how it is,once you get something in your head(its even there when you are sleepin') it's almost impossible to think about anything else,,,especially when the wife is babbling about some meaningless BS(ooops..where did that come from?) ...good luck with the build

Remember too with my slant 6 comparison the water pump on the slant is mounted on the side, not on the front. So they are not as long as some other in line engines, thereby allowing the early A bodies to have a shorter hood and front clip. I still bet though that the V10 and slant 6 are very comparable length wise.

I haven't seen it yet. It'll be a lot of modification. Keep us in the loop with photos. It will be the ultimate COOL!!

http://www.paintshop101.com/

The guy that is painting my car just put one in a superbee, two turbos, one in each rear quarter panel, with the exhaust and bov exiting out in front of the rear tire.

He also does 3g hemi installs, check out the cars he has done.

The A-hole sold it out from under us the day we told him we'd take it. It was a one shot deal on the engine and trans at a price we couldn't pass up. We think he called the other guy once we said we were coming over to pick it up and maybe got a bump for it.

Viper Cuda would have been very different but I'm going with a 5.7 hemi instead and waiting on that till later this year. Plenty of things to do to it for the summer, anyway and the old 273 still runs well for now.

-
Back