Vacation from hell

-
View attachment image.jpg. Blow out on camper before we got 100 mi from home. Slight damage to RV. Water heater quits in Rv Saturday night. Races rain out will finish in Dallas :finga: thanks Nhra. Heading to anderson sc second tire blows out serious damage to right side of Rv. Got WH fixed bad switch. Four new tires the tv is 2012 and tires looked good and were inflated right. When they pulled them off guy showed me the other two the steel belt had shifted and they were ticking time bomb. Hopefully the bad is behind us and we have a few good days. Weather is nice in the 70 and campground is by lake so time will tell:prayer:

Vacation usually means that you have a paying job that you are away from. I know this sucks, but believe me it could be a LOT worse!!

That sucks. I wonder if you could get some assistance from either company?

67Cudafb....you might try it.Back in 2010 We were fulltime RVers an blew 2 tires in North Carolina.I sent pics of the tires to Forest River( Had a Cedar Creek 5th wheel) and they paid the freight on 4 new tires and rims at their cost and let me keep the old ones. Shocked the hell outta me but it never hurts to try.Your results may vary.

I've heard of too many horror stories concerning RV trailer tires. Not sure if they make good ones anymore.

67Cudafb....you might try it.Back in 2010 We were fulltime RVers an blew 2 tires in North Carolina.I sent pics of the tires to Forest River( Had a Cedar Creek 5th wheel) and they paid the freight on 4 new tires and rims at their cost and let me keep the old ones. Shocked the hell outta me but it never hurts to try.Your results may vary.

When we get home I will contact FR as this Rv is a silver back made by them. We were lucky as the wheel weren't damaged. It did quite a bit of damage to side of Rv so maybe they will assist with that. If not State Farm will be paying to repair.

Definitely look at the brand online to make sure there wasn't a factory recall.

Along with taking ONE HELL of a good look at what those were I'd be............

checking to see if there were complaints / recalls on them

checking to make DAMN sure your tire pressure gauge is correct

and take a real hard look at how that thing was loaded.

Sorry about your troubles. Speed will play a part on RV tires too. I had a Sunnybrook 5th wheel up until about 2 months ago, and tried to always keep the speed 70 mph or below. My camper had 8 lug wheels, and load range E tires. I never had any problems, and checked tire temp immediately every time I stopped. Sounds like you might be at Lake Hartwell. We camped there many times, at Twin Lakes Campground...not far from Clemson University. Hope your trip gets better from here on out!

-
Back