Vacuum Diagram Stock 72 Dart 318 2-bbl

-

dartnlo

Has Dart Fever
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I have the 1972 Plymouth Chassis service Manual PDF file but can't seem to find a vacuum diagram in it. Anybody have one? Mostly wondering where the manifold vacuum goes? ECS system? Also not sure about the vacuum reservoir hookup.

Thanks.

This is helpful for part of it, I don't think I have the parts highlighted in yellow.

ECS-vac-routing.jpg

The tops of the canisters, at one time ,were marked in/out and purge, or tank/carb and purge.
You don't need either of those items in yellow, for practical use. Especially not the NOx valve, which IIRC, is nothing more than a vacuum advance delay device. Which drives your city commuting fuel-economy right into the sewer. The engine should be seeing the extra vcan timing as soon a possible to increase PT(PartThrottle) power, engine response, and fuel economy.

Last edited:
The other problem I have is that currently my carb doesn't have a fuel bowl vent port. :(

So then why are you pursuing this?

There was a time when the fuel vapors were stored in the air filter casing. This sometimes resulted in hard starting on hot days. and it was quickly abandoned.

I'm rebuilding the carb with the correct top. The replacement carb had a flat top. When I started rebuilding the original carb, one of the idle mixture screws snapped right off. So I'm blending the two carbs together.

Just trying to figure out where everything went. When I got the car most of the ECS ports were plugged and the carb vents as well. I'd like to get the vacuum system all correct before I start working on the Heater and AC controls.

So then why are you pursuing this?

I'm rebuilding the carb with the correct top. The replacement carb had a flat top. When I started rebuilding the original carb, one of the idle mixture screws snapped right off. So I'm blending the two carbs together.

Just trying to figure out where everything went. When I got the car most of the ECS ports were plugged and the carb vents as well. I'd like to get the vacuum system all correct before I start working on the Heater and AC controls.
Ok gotcha

There is no underhood sticker for that, I have seen those on other years'. My owner's manual has an underhood illustration that is actually fairly detailed but not in anyway that I need lol.

I've read through the MTSC site, but not the Hamtramck site. I'll give it a look, thanks!

-
Back