Vacuum secondary adjustment

-

wazoo64

Reaction score
I have a QFT and want to dial in secondaries. I opened the adjustment screw 1/4 and it made a positive impact. Any tips on how to find the sweet spot for vacuum secondaries?

keep making small changes in the adjuster until the car slows down...or bogs went the secondaries open..

Yeah, what he said.

Put a paper clip on the vacuum pot rod right up against the pot and see where it ends up on a full pull. If its pushed all the way down the rod, you know you opened up. you can put a tighter spring in there and see if it helps and you still get full opening, usually helps with a bog to troubleshoot.

Put a paper clip on the vacuum pot rod right up against the pot and see where it ends up on a full pull. If its pushed all the way down the rod, you know you opened up. you can put a tighter spring in there and see if it helps and you still get full opening, usually helps with a bog to troubleshoot.

I believe his QFT carb does not use springs in a pod for the secondaries..they use a cannister with an adjustable air bleed...you just turn it outwards to open the secondaries faster...

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/QFT-63-1/

-
Back