vacuum secondary on a manual trans?

-

68fastback

Reaction score
I was told a vacuum secondary on a manual trans will not work. Is this true. I have a 360 with a A-833 four speed trans and a 650 carb with vacuum secondary and wanted to know if that will be a problem. the last owner said he had a vacuum secondary on it and it had very low vacuum and not enough to run the carb efficiently. What are your thoughts?

well..chrysler send out their 340/440 6 pac with vacuum carbs on the end...and they came with 4 speeds...

my aarcuda has 4 speed...and the end carbs do open up.

A quick change secondary spring kit may be a very worthwhile purchase. It should work just fine with (maybe) a little tweaking.

I have a holley 750 v.s (3310)on my stroked 340(372)4 speed.The motor was dynoed at 452hp with this carb and a torkerII intake.That was the intake I had at the time,since then I,ve swapped to RPM air-gap.I ran a 12.84 at 108mph1.82 60 ft. being a rookie I figured that wasn,t so bad.I,m gonna launch the car alot harder this weekend to see if I can do better than last year,and if I break something?Oh well,back on the trailer to fix!They put the vacuum secondarie carbs on many muscle cars,big block and small block.Good Luck!Sorry about long windedness.Just got off work.OOPS air-gap is on in this pic.

scoops 002.jpg

-
Back