VAE Dash Restorations

-
Thanks air!

Found it at The Paddock which is now closed. I think maybe Y1 has them. If I had it to do over again, I would try to find an orig......but they only go to 6000
which is ok with me as I don't intend to be revving that high.

The one I have does work great.

On a sad note it makes me wonder if there is anyone out there that will be plating dashes.

I saw that 8K tach in the Y/O catalog. So it fits right in? My 67 parts car has the vacuum gage in it supposedly. You wanna swap one of those for the tach? Then I could put back in a dash and have a speedo, which the rod currently does not have.

Or I suppose I could get a buddy or GPS to calibrate the tach in 3rd gear. Right now I drive the backroads at 2000 RPM and have no clue how fast. The car is definately cop bait as it sits.

ok I have contacted his #. I found what I believe to be his phone # Of course no answer but I left a message. I sent him an email 3 days ago still no answer. Starting to get pissed now. I will keep you updated. Do not send your parts! You may not get them back. At least Vic could call email or something to make good on this. I will keep updating with more info. I hate to call this guy out but he is leaving me no choice!

Talked to Vic today. He called me and apologized for lack of communication. In a nut shell all the orders he has currently, are at the platers. He is at the mercy of there timeline of doing things. They are very slow. He said he will complete every order he has outstanding. He is also emailing me a name of a company whom he is affiliated with currently. He will be doing all the detail work for them and they are doing the plating which will cut the down time . I will post the web site when I get it. He promised to effectively communicate in the future. Howard1784 I mentioned to him about your parts and he stated he has been in contact with you recently. pm me if you need vic's number. So I would say this is a positive for Vic. I told him all it takes is communication. Im easy. I will keep updating the progress and also post pix when the parts are back.

So I read the beginning of this thread, but not from beginning to end, but it sounds like Vic doesnt or never did do his own plating??

No Vic and another guy locally were in business together. Vic was employed by him. Apparently people started using vic exclusively and his partner whom also his employer felt vic was a big conflict of interest so they parted ways which left his current orders in limbo. Vic was bringing in the auto parts from his end and his boss was giving him a big break on the plating costs for a cut. This is how I understand it.

I used a company called CV platers in Vancouver Canada and Washington State they did a very nice job very happy with 2 complete sets of dashes for my 69 dart

Glad Vic got back you...it's amazing that a little communication can go a long way....

Paul

Talked to Vic today. He called me and apologized for lack of communication. In a nut shell all the orders he has currently, are at the platers. He is at the mercy of there timeline of doing things. They are very slow. He said he will complete every order he has outstanding. He is also emailing me a name of a company whom he is affiliated with currently. He will be doing all the detail work for them and they are doing the plating which will cut the down time . I will post the web site when I get it. He promised to effectively communicate in the future. Howard1784 I mentioned to him about your parts and he stated he has been in contact with you recently. pm me if you need vic's number. So I would say this is a positive for Vic. I told him all it takes is communication. Im easy. I will keep updating the progress and also post pix when the parts are back.

hey Slappy, sorry to hear of your trouble,, I gotta lotta stuff from here,for my 69, maybe they can help..pgclassic

PG Classic is not a reputable vendor. Their parts are garbage and they don't stand behind them; once they have your money it's "so long, sucka!". See here and here.

That's an a-ffirm, he replied via e mail a few days ago which makes me feel better. Thanks Slappy!!

Instrument Specialties offers bezel restore but I haven't seen their work.

Do you have his phone number....he still has my wifes parts.

Hey guys.........

I talked to Jim Barker at "Artcraft Plating & Finishing Co. Inc."
This morning to see what he could tell me.
(His shop is 2 blocks from me)

They are the best there is on plating "All" Non-Metallics.

BUT

They do not do car parts, only very high end stuff for Hollywood movies and the like.

I asked him who does the type of work you all need done and he told me..........

Vacuum Metalizing Co. Inc., 8740 Hellman Ave.,
Rancho Cucamonga, California 91730
Telephone: 909-948-9344
1-888-822-6388 (outside California)

http://www.vacmet.com/

Email: [email protected]

Thats the best I could do, wish I could do more.

MM

Info:

Vacuum Deposition systems, unlike plating, produce coatings that are manufactured in a vacuum chamber. The use of harsh chemicals is eliminated and as such the application process is very green and in complete compliance with clean manufacturing conditions and recyclability needs.

While the end results may look similar, the manufacturing operations necessary to produce a finished product are enormously different.

I found this while surfing around...................

[SIZE=-1]Dash Chroming, Dash Chrome, Plastic Chrome, Vacuum Metalizing, Dash Restoration, Dash Rechroming, Speedometer Repair, Tachometer Repair, Car Clocks fixed, Instrument Cluster Restorations, Auto Gauge Repair, Gauges Restored in Classic Cars, American Muscle Cars and Vintage Automobiles[/SIZE]

thumbnail.jpg

http://www.autoinstruments.com/chrome.htm

http://www.autoinstruments.com/

Just passing it on.

Ok guys and gals another update 5/3/2011. I have been talking to vic on my parts. He has been communicating with me via email without fail. The last we spoke about 2 weeks ago he stated parts were back and he had to do the detail work. He stated he would send me a picture and invoice. Well..... 14 days and still waiting. He has not returned the last 3 emails as of yet. This sh#t is really starting to bug me. My parts have been there 14 weeks. This time period is over double what was told to me. I would suggest nobody use this guy or anyone he is affiliated with. I hate to call anyone out but this is bad business. He may just be having computer issues but he has my name # and address so in my book he has no excuse. Cmon Vic I need my parts back!

I'll second that. He has my parts un-touched so he say's. I have sent at least 3 e-mails asking for info on him shipping them back and have not heard a thing.....this dude is going off the rails.

He is over his head and is about to fudge up our lives.

Vic....if you are reading this you need to get our parts back now.

You should have been more on top of your game and communicated better with us and your plater.

Funny that right after I posted the last comment I got an e-mail from him saying that he sent it out earlier this week....I guess that means yesterday.

No tracking number and no carrier info....go figure.

That's why your out of business....your work is good but your management skills are lacking.

I will believe it when I see it on my door step.

Mop

I sent my dash and assorted plastic pieces to Vic Feb. 4th and I got them back this morning, May 5th via FedEx. He didn't email me to say they were on their way. When I opened the box there were my parts; UNTOUCHED! not done, not cleaned, not striped. There was no note or explanation. I sent him an email basically asking WTF? I got a two line email back like 15 minutes later, all apologies. Now, I feel bad for the dude and his business going tits up, but to not even recommend an alternative plater and leave me and others hanging? There's part of your failing business problem. So now I'm looking for someone or some place that does plating of these dash parts. I'd like to find a place that KNOWS mopar stuff. instrument specialties does Ford and GM stuff as well but I'm not sold on any place yet. Can anyone make a recommendation? '67 Formula S Deluxe Interior. MAN I'M DISAPPOINTED!

I am about to give up and ever seeing my bezels again. (BTW: I am glad I did not send my radio delete bezel) I will have to find/buy bezels AGAIN and send them elsewhere. I would be happy to get my parts back untouched at this point.

-
Back