Valiant Dana 60 Project Update

-

1MeanA

Reaction score
I just put the Dana 60 in after waiting nearly 3 months to get it done up (the story is on a previous post). I ended up with a Detroit Locker, Richmond 4.10s and 35 spline Bear axles with screw in studs. The 50 1/4" width should work out with the 275/60/15s. I made it on the narrow side which would allow me to use spacers if necessary. The perches aren't welded yet and I di move the axle back 3/4". There isn't alot of extra room for tire width although I can still trim the lips if required. I did move the springs under the frame rails just in case but I haven't mini tubbed. The gas tank might need some massaging as there isn't much clearance there. I'm not sure what everyone has done with that one. The car is sitting very high although with the new Mancini springs (stock plus 1"??) but there are no doors, power train, seats, bumpers, etc. on the car. I hope it comes down alot but I won't worry about it now. The Slide-a-links aren't adjusted yet and I lost one of the spacers so I'll have to order another. Anybody got any ideas for securing brake lines? There are no clips on the axle.

quarter.JPG

quarter side.JPG

rear.JPG

side.JPG

Loos very good man! I love Danas under A-Bodies!!!!! Do you have gas tank clearance, or are you gonna run a fuel cell?

You should be good with that cover and a stock tank if the rear is in the factory location, not moved back. The ultimate covers cause an issue with sending units.

Looks real good! :thumblef:

Looks awesome! Who did the rear end and why did it take 3 months?!?

Looks awesome! Who did the rear end and why did it take 3 months?!?

Long story but the first shop screwed the narrowing up. The second shop found that a bearing had spun on the diff which led to waiting for new Detroit Locker and 4.10s.

-
Back