Valiant rides again

-
Wow, very nice job! I'm sure there's more than meets the eye in those photos. I love the paint. Can you shed some light as to the type of paint and color selection (paint code)? My '65 Barracuda has always been dark blue as well, but your Valiant is just awesome.

DC 340

It's Chrysler code PB8, usually called midnight blue pearl, it's a current color that's been used for at least 10 years or so. Standard PPG stuff with clearcoat. It's reasonably close to the dark metallic blue thay had back in '65 with the advantage that you can get touch up paint just about anywhere. PB8 is a very common color now, you can see it on all kinds of late mopar from minivans to jeeps.

Thanks for all the positives, much appreciated. I'll get a shot of the motor soon. Have many other pics which I'll eventually put on the resto page.

Engine bay- tried to make it look like a 273, some giveaways are Dougs headers, air gap manifold, Holley. Also hid small batttery in spare tire well, heater delete, dual master, MSD distributor w/ black cap. It's a 340, 4.08 bore x 3.79" stroke (396 CI), hydraulic roller, very light rotating assy (it's a revver).

enginerunning.jpg

Nice job man. I've never been a big valiant guy but yours changed my opinion. I bet that motor is starving for more air out of that cleaner. My car came with the hipo 273 and after I changed the stock air cleaner it could take in some gulps and woke up. I wanted to take a stock air cleaner and do a dual snorkel with ram air tubes to trick it out a bit. Nice car man

Looks great under that hood! I agree with gtmopar though, they make a drop in K&N element for the commando air cleaners like that. Im sure that in the least will make a difference.

Btw, I just picked up a 63 Valiant and I'm pretty excited to get wrenching on it. :)

Looks great under that hood! I agree with gtmopar though, they make a drop in K&N element for the commando air cleaners like that. Im sure that in the least will make a difference.

Btw, I just picked up a 63 Valiant and I'm pretty excited to get wrenching on it. :)

Has both a K&N element plus no choke housing (machined off a vacuum secondary 750cfm Holley 4160). Flow is good!

Great looking ride. Makes me want to get to work on my 65 Formula S. Glad I mowed the lawn yesterday.

Inspiring!
Did I miss this build thread? Like others, I hope you have a good collection of photos over the last nine years your going to share with us.

Very nice, not to many Signet's out there

Thats myfavorite part about having one. Some times you'll get the guy that says, "oh cool, I havent seen one in *** years." But most times I get a fuzzy look and they ask if it's like a nova... :banghead:

-
Back